Hope everyone is doing well this week!
It looks like there was a glitch with last week’s e-news and it didn’t get to everyone for some reason, so I’m putting this at the top one last time!
We’re bringing back Vacation Bible School in summer 2022!!! (Hopefully!) It will take place on August 1-4 from 9am-noon. We will be using our own curriculum, so our VBS won’t be like any other one in the community! However, our ability to offer VBS safely & effectively hinges on our volunteers. Please consider helping out if you can. If you can’t, but would like VBS to happen for your kids, please invite someone else in the congregation to volunteer. You can read more about the available volunteer slots and SIGN UP HERE. **We will be evaluating our volunteer capacity in mid-February to evaluate if we have enough volunteers to move forward. If so, we will open registration in mid-March. Of course, we will monitor the Covid situation as we get closer to the August date and make adjustments as needed.
Milestones continue! If you haven’t participated yet, it’s not too late! We would love to see you and your children for these special classes!
Our Winter Milestones resume during the Sunday School hour at 10am!
- Kindergarten (Beginner bible) – CORL 304 – One Big Story (Ruth & Samuel)
- First Grade (Worship Education) – CORL 301 – Music in Worship & Rejoice tour
- Second Grade (Communion Education) – CORL 300 – The Cup and ELDER FRIENDS!!
- Third Grade (Catechism Education) – CORL 301 –Holy Spirit & the Church
- Fourth Grade (Bible Skills) – Memorial 200 (Spencer Love Room) –Old Testament: Judges & Kings
- Fifth Grade (Spiritual Practices) – CORL 306 –Discernment
- Preschoolers will begin their special “Bible Heroes” series in MLC 101 by learning about Esther
Join us for worship in Rejoice at 9am or Sanctuary at 11am!
**NEW PARENT CLASS: Families Growing in Faith– This week I am excited to be leading this class! i will be sharing some Faith at Home Ideas for Lent from the book Faithful Families for Lent, Easter, and Resurrection by Traci Smith. I have 10 copies of the book to give out at the class (Let me know if you want to claim one! First come, first served!) You can also grab a copy of the book on your on HERE.
**Reminder that Milestones WILL meet on Feb. 20 as a make up from a previous Sunday that was missed due to weather.
Help us send well-wishes to Rev. Neil Dunnavant ahead of his retirement at the end of this month! You can share a memory and/or donate to our hunger ministries in his honor. For more details click HERE.
The Greater Triad Diaper Bank warehouse where we have been volunteering was VERY close to the fertilizer warehouse fire in Winston Salem. When I talked with them last week, they had not been able to go inside their warehouse to assess any damage. We are scheduled to go there on February 20 from 2-4 to help count, sort, and package diapers for distribution. I am in touch with them to see if this will still be possible or, if not, if there is some other way we can help. You can SIGNUP HERE if you would like to join us on the 20th. We are also still collecting diapers! you can drop off your donations in the red wagons on Sundays.
LENT IN COMING!!
- Lent begins on March 2nd, Ash Wednesday which is, obviously, just a month away! I am planning to offer Preschool, Kindergarten-2nd grade, and 3rd-5th grade Sunday School classes for the first 5 Sundays in Lent, but will need some volunteer support to make that happen! If you would be willing to lead a lesson or assist, please SIGN UP HERE. Lessons and materials will be provided.
- We are working on some worship plans for Ash Wednesday, but also waiting to finalize details due to Covid numbers. Stay tuned!!
- CLICK HERE to register for a Lenten Small Group and to see what else is planned for the season.
Other Notes and Info
Have your kids ever complained that they don’t have any friends at church or said they feel like they don’t fit in there? THIS is a good article about how you can help. If your child has expressed those feelings, I would also love to chat about it so we can work together to find a solution.
I also wrote a little something last week on the FPC blog.
Please be in touch if you have any questions or concerns!
Director of Children’s Ministry
First Presbyterian Church, Greensboro, NC