Modified in-person Sanctuary worship
Sunday, September 26:
Rejoice! service at 9 am
Sanctuary service at 11 am
Masks are required.
New Fellowship Cards at FPC: In an effort to make attendance safer and more efficient, we are trying something new. There will be a card in your bulletin with a QR code that opens an online form; just point your smartphone camera at the code and follow the prompts. If you do not have access to a smartphone, the card can just be filled out as-is. If using the paper form, place it in the offering at the end of the service. On the back of the card is a prayer request form. Your submitted prayers will be prayed for by staff members and kept in strict confidence.
Sunday, September 26
9 am Rejoice! service in Mullin Life Center
9 am Rejoice! bulletin will be posted here
10 am church school
11 am Sanctuary service
11 am Sanctuary bulletin will be posted here
Livestream begins Sunday at 11 am
Nursery care will be available, first floor of Mullin Life Center.
- Families with children & youth are invited to coffee, donut holes and fellowship, 9:45-10:05 am in the Solarium courtyard
- FPC 101: Those considering membership and existing members are invited to join us to explore the Bible, church history, theology and polity. Led by Matt Logan in Cannon’s Solarium.
- Commitment class joins with FPC 101 in Cannon’s Solarium.
- YMBC, Redhead Hall: Series on 2 Corinthians led by Professor Sandie Gravett. “For whenever I am weak, then I am strong.” Series will be on video, may be shown in Redhead Hall or viewed at home.
- Agape Class will remain virtual, watching Sandie Gravett’s videos from home.
- Faith Builders meets 9:45-11:15 am outdoors in Memorial Columbarium, continuing the theme of Jill Duffield’s fall sermon series.
- Seekers: Main 125, with conference call option. Current study is Parables of Jesus. Contact Gerard Davidson.
- Confirmation Parents: Donna Chase will lead a discussion, “Who Is Your Savior?” in Memorial 300.
- Confirmands meet in Memorial 304.
- Youth meet in the Spencer Love Room, Memorial 200.
- Children’s Milestones in the Corl Building – First Grade, Getting to Know My Bible | Second Grade, Worship | Third Grade, Communion | Fourth Grade, Catechism | Fifth Grade, Bible Skills.
How can we pray for you? Prayer request form.
Spiritual formation this week
Videos, small groups, activities, and more on our Digital Formation page.
North Elm Notes
Over 10 years ago David Brooks wrote an amazing essay in the New York Times. While it was written for the good of our nation, his words of wisdom apply well to our life as a congregation. I am quoting him here not to suggest we lack these...
The Declaration of Independence is fascinating in its origins and formation, use outside the United States, and its perception by Americans. When we learn about the Declaration of Independence or hear about it in modern contexts, we only remember...
If we want a garden We're gonna have to sow the seed Plant a little happiness Let the roots run deep If it's love that we give Then it's love that we reap If we want a garden We're gonna have to sow the seed ~ Crowded Table by The Highwomen ...
An Extra Note…
OUR FAITH COMMUNITY has been serving God with joy since 1824. (The Greensboro Historical Museum was our church in the late 19th century.) We celebrate that history, but we are more excited about our future! We believe we are called to share Christ’s message of love and grace in the things we do and say. We are not perfect, but like Presbyterians everywhere, we are reformed and always reforming. We think you can find a spiritual home here. Come and see!