You’ve reached sign-up central for volunteer spots and church events with an RSVP.
Vision focus group
- We are embarking on a process of prayerful, deliberate, corporate discernment. As we look to mark our 200th anniversary in 2024 at a time when much has radically changed not only in the last 200 years, but also in the last 2, now is the time to seek God’s will and prepare to respond boldly to God’s call. You are invited to participate in small groups to engage in questions and conversation about who FPC Greensboro is, what gifts we possess, what needs we are called to address, what hopes stir our hearts and where we feel the Spirit moving. Your voice matters! please participate (let us know by contacting Tami Lundy). And please pray. Pray for the Spirit to speak. Pray for us to have the ears to hear and the wisdom to heed God’s living Word. Knowing that God is always doing a new thing, pray we will perceive and act on it. Read Jill Duffield’s full letter.
- Neil’s Meals: On September 24 we will pack more meals for our hungry neighbors. This time anyone ages 8 and up can volunteer! (Children under 13 must work alongside a parent). Registration, biscuits & donuts, 9:30 -10 am; packing, 10-11:30 am. Sign up here or by calling Tami Lundy at 336-373-0445.
- Meals on Wheels: Deliver meals to homebound seniors on the third Wednesdays of each month and on fifth Mondays during the year. Join a team or be a substitute! Contact Linda Allen.
- Food Drive-By: Greet people dropping off canned food for Urban Ministry. Sign up for a 2-hour shift under the tent. The drive-by is held 10 am to 2 pm Wednesdays on Elm Street in front of Redhead Hall. NOTE: on Greene Street side of the church during roadwork on Elm this summer.
- Montreat Women’s Connection 2022: Donna Chase and some other members are attending the conference, August 12–14. Info here.
- Great Wolf Lodge Retreat, rising 6th-graders. August 8-9, RSVP here.
- Backpack collection for immigrant & refugee children, due August 3. Select a child here.
- Children’s choirs registration form.
- First Pres Parents Facebook group
- FPC 101, for those considering membership. Explore the Bible, church history, theology, and polity. Contact Matt Logan.