Well, with Labor Day behind us, it feels like fall is officially here and that means KICKOFF SUNDAY IS COMING!!!! To see more details and the full fall preview, CLCIK HERE.
- NEW SCHEDULE BEGINS: 9:00am Rejoice in the Life Center; Sunday School for all ages 10:00am; Traditional Sanctuary worship 11:00am. The nursery will be open for ages infant-5 years for both worship services and during the Sunday School hour.
- SUNDAY SCHOOL: Children in grades K-5th are invited to come to the GARDEN ROOM (near the Welcome Center) for some fun and dancing. Then, we will head to the Elm Street Playground for a scavenger hunt and doughnuts! Preschoolers (ages 3-4) are invited to MLC 102 (our Preschool Nursery Classroom) for a story time, craft, and some outside play time! Nursery will also be open for infants & toddlers in MLC 101. (The MLC rooms are located at the bottom of the Life Center stairs or they can be accessed by going through the Welcome Center Solarium into the courtyard.)
- NEW WORSHIP BAGS: We want to be Covid-safe, but also environmentally conscious. The physicians on our COVID task force have given the “OK” for us to return to reusable, canvas worship activity bags. Beginning this Sunday, the new green bags will be located in bins near the Rejoice entrances as well as in the Tower room for traditional worship. They will contain some familiar, reusable items including coloring books and crayons. PLEASE RETURN THE BAGS AS YOU LEAVE THE WORSHIP SPACE. Items that need to be changed out (such as used piped cleaners) will be changed on Monday. Then, the bags will not be used or handled until the following Sunday.
- JOIN US FOR WORSHIP AND BURGERS! We will have a short, intergenerational vespers worship service outside on the sanctuary steps at 5:30. At 6pm, children and families are invited to the Paisley Parking lot (behind the white house on Greene Street) for burgers and sides prepared by our Chef, Stephen Scott. Children are invited to enjoy the playground while middle and high school youth head to the parking deck for youth Kickoff!
- After 18months of limited activities, we want to make sure we have up-to-date and correct information. We also need updated photo consent forms. So, please take a few minutes to fill out this CHILDREN’S MINISTRY REGISTRAION FORM. You can add up to three children on one form. Paper copies will also be available at church on September 12 & 19.
- MILESTONES BEGIN ON SEPTEMBER 19! You should have received a grade specific letter via email for each of your children in 1st-5th grades. Preschool and kindergarten students also should have received a letter with information about Sunday School. I know things are still very uncertain, but we have a FABULOUS group of teachers lined up for the fall and I am so excited to have children back in our classrooms. We will do everything possible to keep everyone safe and healthy! Please reach out if you have any questions.
- I’m excited to start our **NEW** KIDS CLUBS in October! Kids Clubs will meet on the first Sunday afternoon of the month from 4:30-5:30. Kids can choose form Music, Yoga, or Lego Club and there is a Preschool club for ages 3-4. Space is limited! CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP.
Other Notes and Info
Also, check out PRAYERS FOR PARENTS! These are shared on Sunday evenings on the First Presbyterian Facebook Page & Instagram. I usually share them in the Parent Facebook group, too! (With everything happening this summer, they have been a bit sporadic, but they will be back regularly beginning September 12!)
Please be in touch if you have any questions or concerns!
Director of Children’s Ministry
First Presbyterian Church, Greensboro, NC