WORSHIP WITH COMMUNION: Senior Pastor Jill Duffield will open a sermon series on the Fruit of the Spirit. Because we want to protect those who come into our church and to contribute to the well-being of our community, masks are required, seating is distanced, and hand-sanitizing is required as we enter and exit. Our small sacrifices can make a big difference for the least of these where Jesus told us he is found. Nursery care is available on the first floor of Mullin Life Center during both in-person services.
FAITH FORMATION: 10 am, Masks required for all groups meeting indoors. NOTE: Some classes are still considering whether they will meet in person, online, or both, the information below might change. As decisions are made we will post updates.
- Seekers Class, in person with conference call option, Main 125: Studying the epistle of James. Contact Gerard Davidson for info.
- Commitment Class, Blair Hagan Room. The class focuses this year on being a Matthew 25 congregation and fighting Systemic Racism. Led by class members.
- YMBC, Redhead Hall. New series by Professor Sandie Gravett: “For whenever I am weak, then I am strong” (2 Cor 12:10): A Bible Study on 2 Corinthians. Paul’s words about affliction, humility, forgiveness, boldness, generosity, and all the things that comprise a Christian life, make 2 Corinthians the perfect Bible Study for our time. His message expresses clearly who we need to be as the people of God and may offer a few surprises along the way. Series will be on video, may be shown in Redhead Hall or viewed at home. Continues through November.
- Agape Class, joining YMBC for Sandie Gravett series.
- Faith Builders, Myers Loyalty Room. Discussion of the Fruits of the Spirit, continuing the theme of Jill Duffield’s fall sermon series. Led by class members.
CHILDREN & YOUTH
- Grades preschool through 12th meet in classrooms for Boomerang Back games and activities.
- Confirmation Class, 10 am. The months-long Confirmation journey includes service projects, mentoring, and personal faith exploration as your teen prepares for full membership. Contact Kevin Murray.
NC Folk Festival, noon to 6 pm downtown. This year the festival is featuring gospel music on Sunday. Get your friends & small groups together and enjoy some music! Info here.
- Intergenerational Vespers, 5:30 pm on the Sanctuary steps.
- FOOD: Grilled hamburgers and hot dogs by Chef Stephen Scott
- 6 pm: Children & youth families enjoy food, other adults walk Self-Guided Fruit of the Spirit Prayer Stations in the Sanctuary.
- 6:45: Children go to Paisley Playground and Youth go to Shetler deck for activities, other adults enjoy food and fellowship. Youth: Wear clothes that can get wet or ruined for Color Wars, Dunk Tank, Earth Ball Volleyball, and GAGA!