It’s almost Holy Week! We hope you will join us for some of our Holy Week services, starting this Sunday, Palm Sunday!
- Thursday, April 6 – Maundy Thursday – 6pm Communion in the Life Center (This will be an interactive service and children are welcome to participate.)
- Friday, April 7 – Tenebrae/Good Friday – 7:30pm, Sanctuary – **Child Care available for up to age 7 with reservation – reply to this email by Wednesday, April 5.
- Saturday, April 8 – Easter Vigil – 7:30, Memorial Columbarium – **Child Care available for up to age 7 with reservation – reply to this email by Wednesday, April 5.
- Easter Sunday, April 9 – Sunrise service 7am; identical Sanctuary worship services at 9 & 11 -Resurrection Egg Hunt at 10am on the Elm Street Prayground.
This Sunday is Palm Sunday! Children and parents are invited to come to the back of the Life Center at 10am. We will, then, travel through the building as we hear the story of Holy Week. We’ll end on the Elm Street Prayground for fellowship and refreshments.
Worship at 9am Rejoice and 11am Sanctuary. Children’s choirs sing at both services!
Palm Processionals – Children are invited to join the Palm Processional at the beginning of each worship service! (Children under age 7 should be accompanied by an adult.)
Rejoice – gather at the back of the Life Center just before the service to get your palms and line up!
Sanctuary – gather on the big steps outside the Sanctuary (facing Fisher Park) at 10:55 to get your palms and line up.
**If your older elementary children are processing by themselves, make sure they know where you are sitting so they can find you after the processional! 😉
- April 9 – Easter! – Resurrection Egg Hunt at 10am on the Elm Street Playground
- April 16- No Sunday School or children’s activities – regular worship at 9am & 11am; nursery care available
- April 23 – Preschool Bibles in Rejoice* and family fellowship on the playground at 10am; regular worship at 9am & 11am; nursery care available
- April 30 -5th grade recognition at 10am; Family Fellowship on the playground at 10am; regular worship at 9am & 11am; nursery care available
- May 7 – No summer Sunday school; KDC to Mad Splatter 3:30-5:30 – REGISTER HERE
Our first ever First Pres Party in the Park! is coming up on Saturday, April 29 from 3-5pm. We will be celebrating the beauty of God’s colorful creation! Similar to Trunk or Treat – but with a SPRING theme!!! Kids are invited to wear their most colorful, wacky tacky outfits! There will be trunks decorated and treats handed out. There will also be craft stations, face painting, a fire truck, and Kona Ice! We’re inviting the whole community and we hope you will mark your calendars to join the fun! If you would like to decorate a trunk for the event, you can SIGN UP HERE.
VBS/Summer KDC registration is OPEN! We are so excited to about these summer activities and hope you will make plans to join us! Click below to access the registration links and/or to sign up as a volunteer (we still have several volunteer spots open!).
- VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL REGISTRATION (ages 3-rising 2nd grade)
- SUMMER KIDS DISCIPLE CLUB REGISTRATION (rising 3rd-5th graders)
- VOLUNTEER SIGN UP
Other Notes and Info
The Children’s Formation Committee will be meeting in late April to draft a calendar for the 2023-24 church school year! 😲If you have feedback about activities we had this year, activities we should consider, or other suggestions, please feel free to reach out to me or any of the committee members in the coming weeks so that we can take your feedback into consideration when working on the new calendar! Also, please reach out if you have an interest in serving on this committee next year!
Catherine Freeze – Committee Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Elizabeth Wilson – Vice Chair/Incoming Chair (email@example.com)
Sally King – Incoming Vice Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jane Andrews Brantley
Please be in touch if you have any questions or concerns!
Director of Children’s Ministry
First Presbyterian Church, Greensboro, NC