Hi everyone! I hope you are having a great week! Check out all that is happening at FPC!
**Please note: Next week (Jan 24-28), I will be out of town at a Christian Education conference, so there will not be an E-News next week! Please keep this one in your inbox and refer to it for any questions about Jan. 22 AND Jan. 29!
💗💗As February is approaching, we are once again partnering with Pastoral Care to provide some Valentine love to FPC members who could use a little extra love! As we have done in the past, if your family would like to create and deliver a sweet treat to another FPC member, please SIGN UP USING THIS FORM. There are more details on the form. If you have previously participated and would like to deliver to the same person, you may indicate that on the form. Please let me know if you have questions!
Milestones Continue! Please pay close attention to the notes for each class! Both Sundays will have two worship services – 9am Rejoice! and 11am Sanctuary. Nursery care will be available from 8:45 through the conclusion of 11am worship.
Preschool (CORL 304) – Bible Superheroes
- January 22 – Jonah
- January 29 – Noah
Kindergarten & First Grade (CORL 301) – Beginner bible – **Remember to bring your Family Time Bible to class with you! (We have extras if you did not receive one previously!)
- January 22 – One Special Book (Genesis & Exodus)
- January 29 Learning ht eFacts (Psalms & Proverbs)
Second Grade (CORL 300) – Communion Education
- January 22 – Remembering our Baptism – **Parents are encouraged to attend and bring a memento from your child’s baptism (picture, gown, certificate, etc.) – Rev. Newton Cowan will join the class as well!
- January 29 – The Bread (The kids will be baking bread! Always a favorite class!)
Third Grade (CORL 301) – Worship Education
- January 22 – Our Plan for Worship
- January 29 – Who Leads Worship?
Fourth Grade (Memorial 200/Spencer Love) – Bible Skills – **Remember to bring your Student Bible if you took it home last time! If you did not receive a bible last time, we have more!
- January 22 – The Bible is a Special Library
- January 29 – The Old Testament: Creation & Exodus
Fifth Grade (CORL 306) – Catechism Education
- January 22 – Covenant & the Ten Commandments (Questions 10-21)
- January 29 – Jesus as Lord & Savior (Questions 22-29)
Mark your calendars for these events!
- February 12 – SouperBowl of Caring – Our youth will host! Come to the Life Center after 11am worship to support FPC youth and enjoy a warm bowl of soup (and some cake!). Donations will be accepted and will go to support FPC youth missions. (To go containers will be available.)
- March 4 – Parent’s Night Out! – We’re bringing back this FPC favorite! 🙂 The movie will be Trolls and we will have pizza for dinner. Open to infants-5th grade. **Registration will open on February 15 and spaces will be limited! $15 per child via online registration & payment.
Making ☀SUMMER☀ plans already? Be sure to mark your calendars for Vacation Bible School & Kids Disciple Club July 31-August 3! We will be revealing our theme very soon and registration will open on March 1st!
Third-Fifth graders – Remember the January 31 deadline to register for Passport Camp is quickly approaching! If you register and we cancel because we do not have enough kids, we WILL refund your deposit. Payments are non-refundable if you cancel after January 31. If you know you are going, REGISTER HERE. ASAP!
Fifth graders – remember you are also eligible to attend the Montreat Middle School Conference at Maryville College July 19-23!! See my previous email with more details or REGISTER HERE.
Please be in touch if you have any questions or concerns!
Director of Children’s Ministry
First Presbyterian Church, Greensboro, NC