I hope the new school year has gotten off to a great start for everyone! We are excited about all that is coming up for fall in children’s ministry! Please see the attached calendar and make note of the dates that apply to you.
September 3rd – Two worship services: Rejoice @ 9am & Sanctuary @ 11am. Nursery care available.
Next Sunday, September 10, we return to Sunday school for preschool-5th grade at 10am!
Preschoolers (ages 3 & 4) – CORL 304
Kindergarten-2nd grade – CORL 301
3rd-5th grade – CORL 306
**We are still in need of a few more volunteers to help with Sunday school leadership. Curriculum is provided and you will work with a team, so you don’t need to be present every Sunday! If you are interested or know someone who might be, please let me know ASAP! Thanks!
**NEW** Sunday School class for parents! Join other parents of all ages & stages for our new Sticky Faith class that will meet at 10am in Memorial 300! the Class will be led by various FPC staff. On September 10, Donna Chase will lead!
Here are some other upcoming dates to note:
- October 1 – Kids Disciple Club (3rd-5th graders) kicks off at Skyzone! No cost, but we need a headcount, so please RSVP HERE.
- October 7 (Saturday) – Neil’s Meals – Sign up HERE
- October 8 – Blessing of the Animals 3-4pm. Bring your pet or a stuffed animal for a special blessing and some fun activities!
- October 22 – Trick or Treating during Sunday School! Kids (and adults!) can wear their costumes to church!
- October 29 – FPC Family Retreat Day at Camp Weaver YMCA! Our entire congregation is invited to come together at Camp Weaver for fellowship, worship. lunch, and lots of fun activities!
- November 18 – Parent’s Night Out! Registration is required and will open on November 1. Cost is $15 per child. Pizza will be provided and the movie will be Encanto!
Other Notes and Info
- FPC has an incredible music program and our children’s choirs will begin meeting on September 13! If you are interested in having your child participate, reply to this email or contact Anne Albert directly at email@example.com. Ages 3-2nd grade rehearse on Wednesday evening afrom 5-5:30. Ages 2nd grade & up rehearse from 5:30-6:30 on Wednesdays.
- We are need some additional acolytes to help in our Sanctuary worship services! This is generally open to 4th grade and up, but 3rd graders may also be considered if they are tall enough to reach the candles! 😊 Training is provided. Interested? Reply here or contact Anne Albert directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be in touch if you have any questions or concerns!
Director of Children’s Ministry
First Presbyterian Church, Greensboro, NC