One more Sunday before Christmas! I hope to see you for our Journey to the Manger on Sunday morning!
- During Sunday School, families are invited to join us as we Journey to the Manger. We will travel through the church hearing scripture & carols as we collect giant nativity figures. At the final stop, we will assemble the whole nativity scene. Families will receive a Birthday Party for Jesus Kit to take home and children will receive a Journey to the Manger coloring book that includes the scriptures and hymns from the morning.
- Fill the Stable with winter coats for children! The coats will be donated to Backpack Beginnings. Coats can be new or gently used and they currently have an urgent need for sizes 2T, 3T, & 4T. Thank you for your generosity!!
Christmas Eve services:
- Family Nativity Service at 10am (will also be livestreamed)
- Communion & Candlelight at 5pm & 8pm (these services will be identical; 5pm will be livestreamed)
- Contemplative with candlelight & communion at 11pm (this will also be livestreamed)
**No nursery care will be provided during these services, but children of all ages are welcome and Advent worship bags will be provided.
December 26 – One worship service at 11am in the sanctuary; no nursery
January 2 – Rejoice at 9am and traditional worship at 11am; no nursery or children’s church school this day
January 9 – Winter milestones begin at 10am in Sunday School! 9am Rejoice & 11am sanctuary worship services.
**We are looking for children who are interested in serving as acolytes in the 11am sanctuary service on Sunday mornings. Acolytes should be in 4th-8th grade. Simple training will be provided. If you are interested, please let me know or email Anne Albert at email@example.com.
Other Notes and Info
A few more Advent at home ideas:
- Go on a Christmas lights scavenger hunt! You can find tons of printable versions online. Look for one that includes several Advent symbols like nativity scenes, bells, etc. (not just Santa & Snowmen!). Drive around enjoying the lights and checking off your list!
- If you missed our gingerbread church decorating last Sunday, give it a try at home! You can purchase a gingerbread house kit and decorate it yourself. Try adding some “church elements” like a cross to your design. Pro tip: Parents – hot glue the house together before the kids get started!!
- Finally, you can never have too many books! I love THIS ONE. As the title suggests, it uses the words of “Silent Night” and the multicultural pictures are beautiful!
**Next week, I will be sending an at home version of the Journey to the Manger! That will be the final e-news of 2021!
Please be in touch if you have any questions or concerns!
Director of Children’s Ministry
First Presbyterian Church, Greensboro, NC