DIGITAL FORMATION for September 14-20
Browse past videos and more in our Digital Formation Library.
HIGHLIGHTS THIS WEEK
Little Known Sheroes in Scripture: On Monday, Rev. Dolly Jacobs opens this video series with Deborah. Playlist here.
Drive-in congregational meeting, Sunday at 5 pm, to vote on amending our bylaws to allow virtual congregational meetings. More info under Sunday, below.
Registration is now open for Enneagram Next Step: Focusing on our Spiritual Lives. Appropriate for anyone who has had an introduction to the Enneagram. Learn how your type can move from its vice – what distracts you – to its virtue and its “holy idea.” Get ideas for specific practices each type can use to live and love more fully. Led by Sandra Smith, cohost of the podcast Heart of the Enneagram. This workshop on Zoom will be held Saturday, October 10, 9:30 am-12:30 pm; and Sunday, October 11, 2-5 pm. Register by October 5, $50.
Nominations for church officers are open until September 27.
Technology drive: Children’s Ministry asks you to help 5,000 Guilford County schoolchildren who need a device for remote learning. Here’s how:
- Donate any laptops, tablets, or smart phones you no longer use. Need to be in working order, able to access the internet, and have a working camera, microphone & charger. Drop off at the GCS building at 712 N. Eugene St.
- Make a donation to the church. Give online here. Select FPC Give and in the memo area note GCS technology. Or mail: 617 N. Elm St., 27401. Put “GCS technology” in the memo line.
- Men’s Lectionary Bible study at 7:30 am each Monday, socially distanced outdoors, with space available for newcomers. Contact Jack Harrington, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Little Known Sheroes in Scripture: Rev. Dolly Jacobs opens this new fall series with a lesson on Deborah. Watch her video on our Sheroes playlist and join the conversation next Monday on this Zoom link. This study, sponsored by the Presbyterian Women, will be posted this fall on the second Monday of each month with a Zoom gathering on the third Monday. On October 12, Rev. Alexandra Mauney on Junia.
- Monday Book Club, An Altar in the World by Barbara Brown Taylor, facilitated by Rev. Alexandra Mauney. Zoom meeting at 10:30 am. Link here.
- Lectio Divina: Rev. David Partington leads this practice of immersing yourself in scripture, on Zoom each Monday at 11 am. Contact David, email@example.com, for link and more information.
- Gift in the Evening, on Zoom. Women’s group studying What Matters Most, the Book of Philippians. 7 pm. Contact Aimee Scotton, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Food Drive-by: Bring on the canned meats, veggies & fruits! 10 am-2 pm. We need volunteers to staff the tent! Please sign up for a 2-hour shift.
- Pray in Place: At noon, join our community prayer.
- Vespers: Youth director Kevin Murray will talk about Nahum as we continue the series, “The Prophets amid the Pandemic.” On the playlist at 6 pm.
- Young Adult Bible Study: Young adult singles and couples studying the Book of Numbers. Meets tonight and at 7 pm every other Wednesday, socially distanced on the Shetler parking deck. Space available; contact Matt Logan, email@example.com.
FPC Friend Friday: Rev. Alexandra Mauney talks with Dan & Bonnie McAlister. If you have a story to share, contact Keith (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Rev. Alexandra Mauney (email@example.com) ! We’d love to hear from you!
- Rejoice! service at 10:30 am on Livestream, with Rev. Danny Massie preaching “Believing in or Believing God.” Music from the Rejoice! Ensemble. Bulletin here.
- Church School:Rev. Charles Howell continues “I am being crucified with Christ,” posted on the Adult Church School playlist when available.
Professor Sandie Gravett will have a new lesson on Ezekiel.
Commitment class meets via Zoom. The Fruit of the Spirit, through November 22. Contact Mary Eagle, firstname.lastname@example.org, for link.
Seekers, socially distanced. Continuing study of the Book of Romans. Contact Gerard Davidson, email@example.com.
- Please plan to attend a drive-in congregational meeting at 5 pm in the parking lot at Westminster Presbyterian Church. The purpose is to amend our bylaws to allow congregational meetings by Zoom or other virtual methods. We anticipate several congregational meetings in the near future involving various issues. The meeting should last only 15 minutes, and you can stay in your car to vote. We need at least 300 members to have a quorum. Westminster Presbyterian is located at 3906 W Friendly Ave. The parking lot is behind the church.
- Prayers for Parents: This week we pray for parents who are drowning under their to-do lists. Find a simple prayer with a Bible verse on Facebook and Instagram.
First Pres Parents Facebook group
Sunday Church School
More for children in our Digital Formation Library.