Where we are
Now in Phase 0
Because of the unexpected swift upward trend in Covid cases in Guilford County, the church has moved back to Phase 0. These policies are to support the safety and well-being of our FPC members, staff, and the larger community.
Jill Duffield, our new pastor, puts it in the context of living our faith: “We’re called to be gracious and flexible, to consult with scientists, to recalibrate and consider what is best for staff and our most vulnerable members. It’s a moving target. There isn’t a right answer, but it’s the best we can do for Christ’s church.”
Here is what Phase 0 means:
- Sunday worship will be livestream only.
- Baptisms, Funerals, and Weddings may be held with these guidelines: Maximum of 25 people (excluding staff). All safety precautions must be followed: Masking while on church grounds, including during the service; sanitizing hands upon entry; social distancing; and answering screening questions. The family is responsible for providing a list of attendees and contact information prior to the event. Livestreaming is available, if the family desires.
- All church groups (Bible studies, committees etc.) must meet virtually. No outdoor gatherings or use of indoor rooms permitted. Drive-by events coordinated by staff may be held.
- Staff will work from home and may enter church buildings briefly as needed.
- No in-person or indoor staff gatherings/meetings.
- New Creation and Swahili worship services suspended.
- Weekday Preschool remains open.
- Hot Dish & Hope continues with take-out only, with volunteers following safety guidelines.
- Food Drive-by continues with proper safety precautions.
WHEN TO MOVE TO PHASE 1
Phase 0 will remain in place until Guilford County shows:
- R0 of less than 1.0. (This metric indicates how broadly an individual might spread the virus.)
- Positive test rate of less than 10%.
- Hospital admission rates trending down for 2 consecutive weeks
When metrics indicate we can move to Phase 1, we will return to in-person worship of no more than 100 with all safety precautions in place.
Connect this week
Find out about this week’s small groups, videos, worship, and more on our Digital Formation page.
Let us know how we can pray for you. Prayer request form here.
Since our campus closed at the start of the pandemic, we have created dozens of devotions, classes, videos, prayers, and more. Explore our digital library.
Pastor on Call
In case of emergency contact our Pastor on Call at 336-908-8615.
Staying in touch
- Sign up for our weekly emails. The E-news goes out on Mondays and the Sunday Preview goes out on Thursdays. Fill out the form on this page.
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram. Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Join our text-alert system by texting FPCGSO to 41411 and following the prompts.
- Most staff will be checking voicemails and emails regularly. Find phone numbers and email addresses for our staff here.