Where we are
In-person worship available
In-person worship has returned at 11 am Sundays, with modifications including reservations. This has been a trying and often lonely time, and we are excited at the thought of being together again in the Sanctuary! Many staff and members have been planning to make worship together safe and meaningful. You are the most important piece of this:
If you are in a high-risk category, or have symptoms, or have been exposed to someone with the virus, please keep yourself and others safe by staying home and worshiping via the Livestream. Remember the believers in Acts, who “spent much time together in the temple” and “broke bread at home … with glad and generous hearts.”
We will try this schedule until mid-December, calling on our Spirit-fruit of patience as we learn and make changes.
Caring about the safety and well-being of our community is who we are as a church. The COVID-19 Task Force continues to meet and emphasizes these important points:
- Any time you are on campus, even outside, wear a mask. This includes small-group meetings and our upcoming in-person worship. Masks should cover your nose and mouth, and end below your chin. (Gaiters and face shields are not a substitute.)
- Reservations are required to attend in-person worship. No exceptions. Please be considerate of our ushers and worship planners and do not show up at the door without a reservation.
- Let’s hold each other accountable. If you see someone who is not abiding by mask or social distancing guidelines, speak to them out of love and concern.
FPC will continue under our current guidelines through mid-December, then evaluate. Staff will begin to plan for indoor return of small groups & activities so that when decision is made we will be ready. We will move forward carefully and safely.
- Modified in-person worship, maximum of 100. Worship only; on-campus Church School is not returning at this point.
- Classes & small groups may meet outdoors, maximum of 50 people, socially distanced and wearing masks.
- Outdoor funerals encouraged. Indoor funerals may be held in the Sanctuary, maximum of 25 people, socially distanced and wearing masks.
- Staff works remotely, may enter campus briefly for essential purposes.
Connect this week
Find out about this week’s small groups, videos, worship, and more on our Digital Formation page.
Let us know how we can pray for you. Prayer request form here.
Since our campus closed at the start of the pandemic, we have created dozens of devotions, classes, videos, prayers, and more. Explore our digital library.
Pastor on Call
In case of emergency contact our Pastor on Call at 336-908-8615.
Staying in touch
- Sign up for our weekly emails. The E-news goes out on Mondays and the Sunday Preview goes out on Thursdays. Fill out the form on this page.
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram. Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Join our text-alert system by texting FPCGSO to 41411 and following the prompts.
- Most staff will be checking voicemails and emails regularly. Find phone numbers and email addresses for our staff here.