CHILD & YOUTH PROTECTION POLICY
PROCESS & FORMS
All FPC employees, members, and volunteers who work with children and youth, must complete this process.
- Read the Child Protection Policy here.
- Fill out this application form: https://www.ministryopportunities.org/Application.aspx?oid=8004 Follow the prompts to complete and submit your Background Screening Authorization. A background check is a mandatory requirement for ministry volunteer involvement with First Presbyterian Church. Be prepared to list three previous addresses, references with contact information, and previous employer information.
- Complete the mandatory training by reviewing our online slide presentation and answering the required questions. (In-person sessions are on hiatus during the pandemic.) Instructions:
- Click HERE to access the presentation.
- Tap the space bar or → key to advance after reading each slide.
- Click the speaker icon in the bottom left corner of each slide to listen to the audio.
- **IMPORTANT: On the next to last slide, there is a link that will take you to 10 questions. You MUST answer at least 8 questions correctly and submit your answers to successfully complete the training. If you do not complete the questions, we will have no record that you viewed the slide show.
Once you have completed the online training and your background check has been received, you are now ready to volunteer with our children and youth. Background checks take 5-7 days. Unless you hear otherwise, presume your background check is complete.
If you are a current volunteer, our policy requires that you sign a recommitment to the Policy every year. Click here to submit a request to E-Sign your Recommitment to FPC’s Child Protection Policy. If you do not receive the e-mail for your e-signature within 36 hours, please contact Lisa Witherspoon.
If you represent a group not affiliated with FPC that meets on the church campus and are a supervising member/leader of youth or children, you are REQUIRED to complete this training. We will not perform a background check. You do need to E-Sign our Non-Affiliated Groups Utilizing FPC’s Facilities form. Click here to submit a request.
Parents of children who participate in leading worship (acolytes, etc.) should complete the Live Streaming Waiver for Worship Leaders.
Parents of children who are being presented in worship (Bible recipients, etc.) should complete the Live Streaming Waiver for Presentation.
Contact Lisa Witherspoon.