This Sunday at FPC
Our new Sunday schedule gives us time for more preaching, more Communion, and more fellowship.
In the Chapel and Sanctuary: Keith Dove, one of our new Sid and Cathy Batts Pastoral Residents, will give his first FPC sermon, titled "Turning the World on Its Head." Scripture: 1 Timothy 1:12-17 and Luke 15:1-10. The Chapel service begins at 8:30 am; the Sanctuary service begins at 10:30 am.
In Rejoice!, Life Center: Matt Logan, director of discipleship and young adult ministry, will be our preacher during our 10:30 am Rejoice! service in Mullin Life Center. Matt's sermon title is "Yahweh Wept"; Scripture: Psalm 79:1-9 and Jeremiah 8:18-9:1.
Live stream: Join our Sanctuary worship via live stream here.
Each week, including this Sunday, our 8:30 am Chapel service includes Communion. Our 10:30 am services will include Communion on the first Sunday of each month beginning on World Communion Sunday, Oct. 6.
Every Sunday from 8:45 to 10:30 am our Welcome Center and Solarium will host a time of fellowship, snacks and coffee. Stop by after 8:30 worship, before 9:15 Church School classes, or before a 10:30 am worship service. This week, Judy White and Dottie B. Nutt host our fellowship time.
We live stream our 10:30 am Sanctuary service each Sunday.
Church School at 9:15 am
Classes for children & youth:
- Ages 3-4 - Mullin Life Center 102
- Grades K-1 - Corl 301
- Grades 2-3 – Corl 303
- Grades 4-5 – Corl 306
- Youth - Memorial 300
Adult classes include:
- TED Talks Faith – pastoral resident Rev. Nate Sell leads a discussion about Kathryn Schulz's TED Talk "On Being Wrong." We'll watch clips from the talk and then discuss; all ages are welcome! Meets in the Spencer Love Room, Memorial 200.
- Growing With – Youth director Kevin Murray leads our parenting class this week: “Pursuing the Growing with Posture: Parenting in Real Time." Class meets in Memorial 304.
- Alexandra Mauney, pastoral resident, will lead a discussion on “Growing Spiritually” in the Homebuilders and Faith Matters Class in Myers Loyalty Room, Smith 242.
- Prof. Sandie Gravett continues a discussion on the People of the Plain in the Agape Class which meets in the Garden Room, down the hall from the Welcome Center.
- State Rep. Ashton Clemmons will discuss her experience in public office and its impact on her faith and spiritual life in the Commitment Class, which meets in Memorial 100, the Blair Hagan Room.
- Our discussion on lessons from Samuel led by Dr. Charles Howell continues in YMBC, Redhead Hall.
- Exodus – A deep study of the second book of the Bible, led by Gerard Davidson. Seekers Class meets in Vaughn Conference Room, Main 125.
The Joy of Giving
Please pledge to support our 2019 ministries.
Thinking about visiting?
We welcome visitors each and every Sunday. If you'd like to explore our church, we suggest beginning at the Welcome Center, 617 N. Elm St., where greeter-guides can direct you to classes, worship services, or the nursery.
A place for families
During our 10:30 am Sanctuary service, the Virginia Gilmer Room offers a live feed from the Sanctuary so nursing mothers or parents with restless children can worship in a more comfortable environment. The space offers comfortable seating, worship bags for children, and a nursing screen. Children in this area must be supervised by a parent or guardian. Additionally, our nusery, on the first floor of Mullin Life Center, is open during worship.
The Parking Assistance Ministry team (PAM) has spaces on both sides of Greene Street reserved for our members and visitors with special needs. PAM volunteers can assist with guiding you to appropriate parking. If you are being driven to church, you may be dropped off at the Greene Street entrance while your driver parks.