Dec. 23, 2018: Fourth Sunday of Advent
Rev. Danny Massie, interim pastor, will be our preacher Sunday during our three worship services:
• 8:30 am in the Sanctuary
• 10:30 am Rejoice! in Mullin Life Center
• 10:30 am in the Sanctuary (with live streaming).
Sermon title: Why Mary Matters, part 4 of our Advent sermon series, "Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord."
We live stream our 10:30 am Sanctuary service each Sunday.
Church School at 9:30 am
Classes for children:
- Preschoolers meet in Mullin Life Center Room 102 for Godly Play Nativity.
- Elementary-age children (K-5) meet on the third floor of the Corl Building for a movie. After church, children leading Monday's Christmas Eve Family Service at 10:30 am will practice in the Sanctuary.
Classes for youth:
All classes meet on the third floor of the Memorial Building.
Adult classes include:
- The Agape Class joins YMBC in Redhead Hall for Lane Ridenhour's Christmas program.
- The Soularium class continues "Preparing, not waiting: Christ is Born, Christ has Risen, Christ will come again." Director of Young Adult Formation Matt Logan and pastoral resident Nate Sell lead a discussion on Advent as a time of preparation for the coming of Christ. Meets in Cannon's Solarium.
- The Homebuilders and Faith Matters classes continue "Preparing for Christmas" in Myers Loyalty Room (Smith 242).
- The Seekers class continues its in-depth discussion of Exodus with Gerard Davidson leading in the Vaughn Conference Room (Main 125).
- Hear Lane Ridenhour's annual Christmas music program in YMBC, Redhead Hall.
The Joy of Giving
Please pledge to support our 2019 ministries.
Sundays coming up
Dec. 30: Seminary Student Sunday with Nick Demuynck preaching.
The Season of Advent
Advent, the season during which we anticipate the birth of Christ, continues Sunday. See our Advent page for details.
Please bring canned food
We're still about 1,800 pounds of food short of 15,000 pounds collected this year for Greensboro Urban Ministry! Please bring non-perishable food to church Sunday and place it in the bins located around campus. You can also drop food off at the Welcome Center during the week, or order a box or two from Amazon and have it delivered to us: 617 N. Elm St., Greensboro, NC 27401. If you're a Prime member you can get free shipping.
Coats for Swann Middle
Please bring jackets and pullovers that are solid colored and without hoods for Swann Middle School students. Drop donations off in the Welcome Center, and reach out to Stu Johnston with any questions: email@example.com or 336-541-4403.
Thinking about visiting?
We seek to welcome visitors each Sunday. Our Welcome Center, located at 617 N. Elm St. on the northern edge of downtown Greensboro, is a great place to start exploring our church. You can find a church map, directions to meeting rooms and worship spaces, and other helpful information.
A place for families
During our 10:30 am Sanctuary service, the Virginia Gilmer Room offers a live feed from the Sanctuary so nursing mothers or parents with restless children can worship in a more comfortable environment. The space offers comfortable seating, worship bags for children, and a nursing screen. Children in this area must be supervised by a parent or guardian. Additionally, our nusery, on the first floor of Mullin Life Center, is open during worship.
The Parking Assistance Ministry team (PAM) has spaces on both sides of Greene Street reserved for our members and visitors with special needs. PAM volunteers can assist with guiding you to appropriate parking. If you are being driven to church, you may be dropped off at the Greene Street entrance while your driver parks.