Nov. 18, 2018: Three worship services
Rev. Neil Dunnavant, executive pastor, will be our preacher Sunday during our three worship services:
• 8:30 am Sanctuary service
• 10:30 am Rejoice! service in Mullin Life Center
• 10:30 am Sanctuary service (with live streaming).
Sermon title: Making Pancakes and Gazing at the Stars: A Letter to My Grandchildren
Scripture: 1 Kings 3:1-15
Sunday's Sanctuary service bulletin (pdf)
Sunday is the deadline to nominate church members to our Pastor Nominating Committee, the group that will be charged with nominating our next senior pastor. To recommend someone for the Pastor Nominating Committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or print and use this form.
Ten Thousand Villages Benefit
It's Betty Hilliard's 70th birthday, and Hot Dish & Hope will benefit. Shop at Ten Thousand Villages, Jefferson Village off New Garden, on Sunday, 1 to 5 pm, and Hot Dish will get 15 percent of what you spend.
We live stream our 10:30 am Sanctuary service each Sunday.
Church School at 9:30 am
Classes for children:
- Age 3-pre-K: Mullin Life Center, Room 102
- Grades K-5: Third floor of the Corl Building
Classes for youth:
All classes meet on the third floor of the Memorial Building.
Adult classes include:
- Emily Rhyne with Witness for Peace and the N.C. Sanctuary Coalition continues her discussion about some of the conditions in Central American countries from which people are seeking asylum in the U.S. in the Commitment Class, Blair Hagan Room, Memorial 100.
- Rev. Neil Dunnavant leads Sin, Salvation, Redemption, and Transformation: How These Christian Teachings are Different and Similar in other World Religions in the Homebuilders and Faith Matters classes (Myers Loyalty Room, behind the Sanctuary).
- The Seekers Class continues its in-depth study of Exodus in the Vaughn Conference Room, beneath the Sanctuary.
- The Soularium (formerly Gather) Class welcomes everyone to "The Doctrine of the Trinity: Scripture, Tradition, Art" in Cannon's Solarium, Welcome Center.
- Prof. Sandie Gravett teaches "Reconsidering the Parables of Jesus" in YMBC, Redhead Hall, Memorial 101. (Agape Class will join.)
Sundays coming up
Nov. 25: Rev. Dolly Jacobs preaches.
Dec. 2: Rev. Danny Massie, our interim pastor, arrives; combined worship at 10:30 am in the Sanctuary. Advent begins.
Coats for Swann Middle
Swann Middle School students and staff thank FPC for the incredible generosity during the beginning of the year SMOD for Swann drive. As the weather turns colder, our students are in need of jackets and pullovers that are solid colored and without hoods (for Swann’s dress code). Please bring donations to the Welcome Center and reach out to Stu Johnston with any questions: email@example.com or 336-541-4403.
The Joy of Giving
Please pledge to support our 2019 ministries.
Harvest Home Concert
Start Thanksgiving week with UNCG's Harvest Home Concert in our Sanctuary this Sunday, Nov. 18. The free, 5 pm concert features UNCG's choral ensembles and the UNCG Old Time Ensemble.
Thinking about visiting?
We seek to welcome visitors each Sunday. Our Welcome Center, located at 617 N. Elm St. on the northern edge of downtown Greensboro, is a great place to start exploring our church. You can find a church map, directions to meeting rooms and worship spaces, and other helpful information.
A place for families
During our 10:30 am Sanctuary service, the Virginia Gilmer Room offers a live feed from the Sanctuary so nursing mothers or parents with restless children can worship in a more comfortable environment. The space offers comfortable seating, worship bags for children, and a nursing screen. Children in this area must be supervised by a parent or guardian. Additionally, our nusery, on the first floor of Mullin Life Center, is open during worship.
The Parking Assistance Ministry team (PAM) has spaces on both sides of Greene Street reserved for our members and visitors with special needs. PAM volunteers can assist with guiding you to appropriate parking. If you are being driven to church, you may be dropped off at the Greene Street entrance while your driver parks.