Aug. 19, 2018: Two services
Join us at:
• 10:30 am in the Sanctuary (with live streaming) or
• 10:30 am for Rejoice! in Mullin Life Center.
See Sunday's bulletin (pdf)
We live stream our 10:30 am Sanctuary service each Sunday.
Church School at 9:30 am
Children's and and youth classes will not meet. They return after Labor Day.
Adult classes include:
- Gerald Donnelly continues Exploring the afterlife in YMBC, Redhead Hall, at 9:30 am. We'll discuss the ideas of heaven and hell and Biblical terms such as “Sheol, Gehenna, and Hades.” In addition, we will explore how New Testament understandings of the afterlife were formed by ancient Greco-Roman and Jewish beliefs.
- The Seekers class continues its study of Genesis in the Vaughn Conference Room beneath the Sanctuary at 9:30 am.
Nursery care will be available beginning at 9 am on the ground floor of Mullin Life Center.
Sundays coming up
Aug. 26: One service at 10:30 am in the Sanctuary, to ordain and install the elder class of 2018. Also: Back-to-School Blessing.
Sept. 2: Our preacher will be Nate Sell, our new Cynthia Price Pastoral Resident; last Sunday with our summer worship schedule.
Sept. 9: Fall kickoff! 8:30 service returns,full Church School schedule, and a fried chicken lunch after worship.
Oct. 21: Children’s Sabbath
Ten Thousand Villages
Shop Ten Thousand Villages' pop-up store in our Welcome Center, 9 am to noon this Sunday. FPC members helped bring Ten Thousand Villages, which sells fair-trade, hand-crafted items from throughout the world, to Greensboro.
Swann Middle School (formerly Aycock Middle) will adopt Standard Mode of Dress (SMOD) for all students this fall. We're stocking a SMOD closet at the school to help students who can't buy new clothes to meet the guidelines.
Please bring clothes to meet the following descriptions:
- Polo shirts -- must be solid but can be any color, sizes youth L through adult XXL.
- Khaki pants -- in tan, navy, or black, sizes youth 12 through adult sizes.
- Gift cards -- to Old Navy, Walmart or Target. The school will use these for sizes in short supply.
You can drop off your donations in the Welcome Center.
Thinking about visiting?
We seek to welcome visitors each Sunday. Our Welcome Center, located at 617 N. Elm St. on the northern edge of downtown Greensboro, is a great place to start exploring our church. You can find a church map, directions to meeting rooms and worship spaces, and other helpful information. If you'd like to join our faith community, consider signing up for our next Explore FPC class.
A place for families
During our 10:30 am Sanctuary service, the Virginia Gilmer Room offers a live feed from the Sanctuary so nursing mothers or parents with restless children can worship in a more comfortable environment. The space offers comfortable seating, worship bags for children, and a nursing screen. Children in this area must be supervised by a parent or guardian. Additionally, our nusery, on the first floor of Mullin Life Center, is open during worship.
The Parking Assistance Ministry team (PAM) has spaces on both sides of Greene Street reserved for our members and visitors with special needs. PAM volunteers can assist with guiding you to appropriate parking. If you are being driven to church, you may be dropped off at the Greene Street entrance while your driver parks.