Sunday, Nov. 24: Commitment Sunday
Please bring your pledge cards from home Sunday or pledge online here anytime. We will commit to our church by giving, worshiping, growing, and serving.
First Light & Sanctuary services
Hear Rev. Danny Massie, interim pastor, preach.
First Light begins at 8:30 am in Memorial Chapel.
Our Sanctuary service with live streaming begins at 10:30 am.
Hear Rev. Neil Dunnavant, executive pastor, preach.
Sermon title: Full of Years; Scripture: Genesis 25:7-11.
Rejoice! begins at 10:30 am in Mullin Life Center.
Stop by the Welcome Center and Solarium for fellowship, coffee, and snacks each week between 8:45 am and 10:30 am. This week, Smack Mack hosts our fellowship time.
We live stream our 10:30 am Sanctuary service each Sunday.
Church School at 9:15 am
Classes for children & youth:
- Ages 3-4 - Meet in Mullin Life Center, Room 102.
- Grades K-5 - Third floor of Corl.
- Youth (grades 6-12) - All youth meet in Memorial 300 for welcome, announcements and prayer before breaking into smaller groups which meet in rooms nearby.
Adult classes include:
- TED Talks Faith – Alexandra Mauney will lead a discussion on “The Gift and Power of Emotional Courage” by Susan David. The class will think together about vulnerability, emotional courage, and why these things matter to Christian community. All ages are welcome, with the Commitment Class joining, in Spencer Love Room, Memorial 200.
- New study for parents of teens – Donna Chase leads a discussion of Every Parents Guide to Navigating Our Digital World with “Why do my kids constantly check their cell phones?” (Chapter 2) in Memorial 304.
- A discussion of Marcus Borg’s “Convictions, How I Learned What Matters Most” continues in the Homebuilders and Faith Matters Class, Myers Loyalty Room, Smith 242.
- “Teaching Faith: Learning and Sharing Discipleship” – Sandie Gravett continues a discussion in YMBC, with the Agape Class joining in Redhead Hall.
- Exodus – A deep study of the second book of the Bible, led by Gerard Davidson in the Seekers Class. Vaughn Conference Room, Main 125.
Sundays coming up
Dec. 1: Advent begins with 5 pm concert from The Zinc Kings -- A Mountain Bluegrass Christmas, in the Sanctuary.
Dec. 8: Sing Handel's Messiah with choir and orchestra with a rehearsal at 3:45 pm and the concert at 5 pm.
Dec. 15: Festival of Nine Lessons & Carols at 5 pm.
Thinking about visiting?
We welcome visitors each and every Sunday. If you'd like to explore our church, we suggest beginning at the Welcome Center, 617 N. Elm St., where greeter-guides can direct you to classes, worship services, or the nursery.
A place for families
During our 10:30 am Sanctuary service, the Virginia Gilmer Room offers a live feed from the Sanctuary so nursing mothers or parents with restless children can worship in a more comfortable environment. The space offers comfortable seating, worship bags for children, and a nursing screen. Children in this area must be supervised by a parent or guardian. Additionally, our nusery, on the first floor of Mullin Life Center, is open during worship.
The Parking Assistance Ministry team (PAM) has spaces on both sides of Greene Street reserved for our members and visitors with special needs. PAM volunteers can assist with guiding you to appropriate parking. If you are being driven to church, you may be dropped off at the Greene Street entrance while your driver parks.