Sept. 23, 2018: Three services
Senior Pastor Sid Batts will be our preacher Sunday during our three worship services:
• 8:30 am Sanctuary service
• 10:30 am Rejoice! service in Mullin Life Center
• 10:30 am Sanctuary service (with live streaming)
Sermon title: Casablanca
We live stream our 10:30 am Sanctuary service each Sunday.
Church School at 9:30 am
Classes for children:
- Age 3-pre-K: Mullin Life Center, Room 102
- Grades K-1: Corl Building, Room 301
- Grades 2-3: Corl Building, Room 303
- Grades 4-5: Corl Building, Room 306
Classes for youth:
All three classes (for grades 6, 7-8 & 9-12) meet on the third floor of the Memorial Building.
Adult classes include:
- Prof. Sandie Gravett teaches in the Agape Class, Garden Room, Smith 124.
- Discuss Debby Irving's "Waking Up White" in the Commitment Class, Blair Hagan Room, Memorial 100.
- The Homebuilders and Faith Matters classes (Myers Loyalty Room, behind the Sanctuary) are contemplating excerpts from "Don't Know Much About the Bible: Everything You Need to Know About the Good Book but Never Learned" by Kenneth Davis.
- The Seekers Class continues its in-depth study of Genesis in the Vaughn Conference Room, beneath the Sanctuary.
- The Gather Class welcomes everyone to "The Doctrine of the Trinity: Scripture, Tradition, Art" in Cannon's Solarium, Welcome Center.
- Rev. Charles Howell continues "Lessons from Nehemiah" in YMBC, Redhead Hall, Memorial 101.
Sundays coming up
Sept. 30: Explore FPC class for new members begins; continues Oct. 7. Call 336-373-0445 or email receptionist(at)fpcgreensboro.org to sign up.
Sept. 30: Baptism Shepherds host Pumpkin Decorating Together after 10:30 am worship, Mullin Life Center. Decorate a mini pumpkin, and enjoy fellowship over pumpkin cookies and muffins.
Oct. 7: World Communion Sunday.
Oct. 14: Senior Pastor Sid Batts' last Sunday. A reception follows 10:30 worship.
Oct. 14: CROP Walk, with a new route beginning and ending at Greensboro Coliseum Complex parking lot. Registration begins at 1:30 pm, and the walk at 2:30 pm. FPC’s team leader is Kelly Harrill, KHarrill@sheratongreensboro.com or 336-706-7702.
Oct. 21: Children’s Sabbath
Potluck at 6
Potluck & Conversation begins at 6 pm with Saint James Presbyterian to reflect on Debby Irving’s Sept. 17 presentation. Open to all. Bring a dish to feed your family plus one, Mullin Life Center.
Thinking about visiting?
We seek to welcome visitors each Sunday. Our Welcome Center, located at 617 N. Elm St. on the northern edge of downtown Greensboro, is a great place to start exploring our church. You can find a church map, directions to meeting rooms and worship spaces, and other helpful information. If you'd like to join our faith community, consider signing up for our next Explore FPC class.
A place for families
During our 10:30 am Sanctuary service, the Virginia Gilmer Room offers a live feed from the Sanctuary so nursing mothers or parents with restless children can worship in a more comfortable environment. The space offers comfortable seating, worship bags for children, and a nursing screen. Children in this area must be supervised by a parent or guardian. Additionally, our nusery, on the first floor of Mullin Life Center, is open during worship.
The Parking Assistance Ministry team (PAM) has spaces on both sides of Greene Street reserved for our members and visitors with special needs. PAM volunteers can assist with guiding you to appropriate parking. If you are being driven to church, you may be dropped off at the Greene Street entrance while your driver parks.