This Sunday, Oct. 13
First Light & Sanctuary services
Hear interim pastor Rev. Danny Massie's sermon Autumn's Admonition.
First Light begins at 8:30 am in Memorial Chapel.
Our Sanctuary service begins at 10:30 am (with live streaming).
Hear pastoral resident Alexandra Mauney's sermon Plant Gardens.
Rejoice! begins at 10:30 am in Mullin Life Center.
Stop by the Welcome Center and Solarium for fellowship, coffee, and snacks each week between 8:45 am and 10:30 am. This week, Ashley Staton Scott and Nancy Moore host.
Our 8:30 am First Light service includes Communion. Communion returns to the Rejoice! and Sanctuary services on Nov. 3.
We live stream our 10:30 am Sanctuary service each Sunday.
Church School at 9:15 am
Classes for children & youth:
- Ages 3-4 - Mullin Life Center 102
- Grades K-5 - Third floor of Corl Building
- Youth - Memorial 300
Adult classes include:
- TED Talks Faith will watch Johann Hari’s talk “Everything you think you know about addiction is wrong” and discuss community bonds and chemical triggers. Matt Logan, director of discipleship and young adult ministry, leads our discussion.
- “Teaching Faith: Learning and Sharing Discipleship” – Sandie Gravett continues a discussion in YMBC, with the Agape Class joining. Redhead Hall.
- New fall study for parents, Growing With – Lisa Witherspoon leads “Walls of Support: Withing that Repairs and Reorients your Relationship” in Memorial 304.
- Donna Chase leads a discussion on “Growing Spiritually” in the Homebuilders and Faith Matters classes in Myers Loyalty Room, Smith 242. Donna's topic: The Biblical Practice of Pilgrimmage.
- Exodus – A deep study of the second book of the Bible, led by Gerard Davidson in the Seekers Class. Vaughn Conference Room, Main 125.
Revive! Ministry Fair -- our Welcome Center will be filled with ministry opportunities. Just choose where you'd like to be involved as we seek to make a bigger difference for Christ.
Thinking about visiting?
We welcome visitors each and every Sunday, and this weekend's Block Party Revival offers a great time to get to know us. If you'd like to explore our church, we suggest beginning at the Welcome Center, 617 N. Elm St., where greeter-guides can direct you to classes, worship services, or the nursery.
A place for families
During our 10:30 am Sanctuary service, the Virginia Gilmer Room offers a live feed from the Sanctuary so nursing mothers or parents with restless children can worship in a more comfortable environment. The space offers comfortable seating, worship bags for children, and a nursing screen. Children in this area must be supervised by a parent or guardian. Additionally, our nusery, on the first floor of Mullin Life Center, is open during worship.
The Parking Assistance Ministry team (PAM) has spaces on both sides of Greene Street reserved for our members and visitors with special needs. PAM volunteers can assist with guiding you to appropriate parking. If you are being driven to church, you may be dropped off at the Greene Street entrance while your driver parks.