June 17, 2018: Baptism Sunday
Senior Pastor Sid Batts will be our preacher during Sunday's worship services. Sid's sermon title will be "Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, Grace, Alice, Hayes and Jesus." Scripture: Psalm 92:1-4,12-15 and Mark 4:26-34. Both services include Baptism.
Join us for our:
• 10:30 am Rejoice! service in Mullin Life Center.
• 10:30 am Sanctuary service with live streaming.
Summer Choir begins this Sunday. Attend rehearsal at 9:30 am in the Sanctuary to learn music for 10:30 am worship. All singers welcome!
We live stream our 10:30 am Sanctuary service each Sunday.
Church School at 9:30 am
Children's and and youth classes will not meet. They return after Labor Day.
Adult classes include:
- Prof. Sandie Gravett continues Unfamiliar Bible Characters in YMBC, Redhead Hall, at 9:30 am.
- The Seekers class continues its study of Genesis in the Vaughn Conference Room beneath the Sanctuary at 9:30 am.
Nursery care will be available beginning at 9 am on the ground floor of Mullin Life Center.
Sundays coming up
‣ Final Sunday for Cynthia Price Pastoral Residents Lara and Josh Musser Gritter. Wish them well in the Virginia Gilmer Room after worship.
‣ Combined worship at 10:30 am in the Sanctuary; continues throughout July with a different kind of music each Sunday.
‣ VBS Kick-off party in Mullin Life Center after worship.
‣ Communion Sunday.
‣ 10th anniversary celebration for Hot Dish & Hope.
Dedicate a hymnal
Our new Glory to God hymnals are here. You can dedicate a hymnal to honor or remember someone special. Dedications will be acknowledged on the inside front cover. Make your dedications ($50 each) here. This will make a great Father's Day gift or memorial!
During July we'll have one, combined worship service at 10:30 am in the Sanctuary each Sunday. Each week's worship will feature a different style of music. Rejoice! will not be held in Mullin Life Center during July.
Also in July
We're aiming for $40,000 to help fight hunger in our community during July. Look for more information about this plan over the next couple weeks. More here!
Thinking about visiting?
We seek to welcome visitors each Sunday. Our Welcome Center, located at 617 N. Elm St. on the northern edge of downtown Greensboro, is a great place to start exploring our church. You can find a church map, directions to meeting rooms and worship spaces, and other helpful information. If you'd like to join our faith community, consider signing up for our next Explore FPC class.
A place for families
During our 10:30 am Sanctuary service, the Virginia Gilmer Room offers a live feed from the Sanctuary so nursing mothers or parents with restless children can worship in a more comfortable environment. The space offers comfortable seating, worship bags for children, and a nursing screen. Children in this area must be supervised by a parent or guardian. Additionally, our nusery, on the first floor of Mullin Life Center, is open during worship.
The Parking Assistance Ministry team (PAM) has spaces on both sides of Greene Street reserved for our members and visitors with special needs. PAM volunteers can assist with guiding you to appropriate parking. If you are being driven to church, you may be dropped off at the Greene Street entrance while your driver parks.