Experiencing God: a 24-hour Prayer Retreat for Women
Our 2018 Women's Retreat is March 17-18
Explore prayer and spiritual practices to deepen and enrich your communion with God each day at the FPC Women's Retreat, March 17-18 in the Uwharrie Mountains outside Asheboro.
Speaker: Summer Estes, spiritual director, certified counselor, and teacher at the Servant Leadership School in Greensboro, will lead group sessions on Breath as a Pathway to Presence and Conscious Breath.
- Centering Prayer, led by Rev. Lara Musser Gritter
- Visio Divina, led by Donna Chase, Director of Christian Formation
- Praying the Psalms, led by Anne Albert, Worship and Music Coordinator
- Intercessory Prayer, led by Lara Rev. Lara Musser Gritter
- Walking the Labyrinth, led by Donna Chase
- Journaling, led by Lisa Witherspoon, Associate Director of Children's Ministry
Personal time: journaling, creative prayer stations, silence, Bible reading, creating art, walking outdoors, resting, etc.
Worship: A Saturday evening service will focus on wholeness, and we will conclude at 11 am Sunday with a Communion service.
Enjoying each other’s company: including snacks around the firepit on Saturday evening!
Accommodations at Caraway Conference Center. Cost is $110 for a double room and $125 for a single (five available); covers lodging and four meals. We have space for 40 women. Registration deadline is March 5. Register online here, or call Sara Manchester, 336-478-4722, if you'd rather register over the phone.