Membership at FPC
We think of ourselves as a church of and for growing disciples. That means our 2,800 or so members are at many places on our spiritual journeys. Some of us find God primarily in worship, which is at the center of who we are. Some prefer small-group studies or classes. Others focus their growth efforts on mission and ministry. Some of us are very active in the life of the church, others are still seeking the right place. Whether you are a member or visitor, and no matter what are you seeking, we will try to put you in touch with others at your stage of life and spiritual development.
Anyone interested in becoming a member of First Presbyterian should attend Explore FPC.
Explore FPC includes:
- "Getting to know you & us"
- Campus tour
- Presbyterian 101: a brief history of our heritage and what we believe
- "Where do I go from here?" Connect with a new member shepherd, learn about meeting members and pastors at our new-member dinners, and make connections with ministry opportunities.
- Child care during the course – just tell us your needs when you make your reservation.
Explore FPC 2017-18
Explore FPC meets on consecutive Sundays from 8:30 to 10:15 am.
Sessions will be held:
- June 3 / June 10
To sign up, please contact Sara Manchester, smanchester(at)fpcgreensboro.org or 336-478-4722. Be sure to tell Sara if you need child care during the classes. RSVP deadline is May 31.
Please note: Because of security issues, if you use a @bellsouth, @yahoo, or @att e-mail address, your message will not get through to our e-mail server. Please call instead.
2018-19 Explore FPC dates
- Sept. 30 and Oct. 7
- Jan. 27 and Feb. 3
- June 2 and June 9
- Rev. Myles Fish, director of discipleship and stewardship, mfish(at)fpcgreensboro.org, (336) 478-4735
- Sara Manchester, administrative assistant, smanchester(at)fpcgreensboro.org, (336) 478-4722