We have explored "Prayer: Its Problems & Possibilities" during this year's Lenten season. The conversation continues this week in our Holy Week services:
Holy Week schedule
- Holy Monday, 6 pm, Sanctuary, Neil Dunnavant leads
- Holy Tuesday, 6 pm, Sanctuary, Doug McLeroy leads
- Holy Wednesday, 6 pm, Memorial Chapel with Danny Massie leading
- Maundy Thursday, 7:30 pm, Nate Sell leads
- Good Friday: Hadyn’s The Seven Last Words of Christ from the Cross with Chancel Choir, orchestra & soloists. 7:30 pm, free.
- Easter Vigil on Saturday; Nate Sell leads.
- 8:30 and 10:30, Danny Massie leads.
- Bells, Bubbles & Butterflies: Preschool & elementary children are invited to join us in the Elm Street Prayground at 9:30 am to ring the Easter alleluias & release butterflies, followed by egg hunt in the courtyard at 10. Bring your baskets!
“Climb” a mountain and journey deeper into your spiritual life with A DAILY MEDITATION, from Ash Wednesday, March 6, to Easter Sunday, April 21.
Chip Bristol will email meditations to help you explore an aspect of the spiritual climb. You can leave it at that or explore further in a short, written response. The climb is your own; how you enter the adventure is up to you. Sign up for the daily meditation email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other activities during Lent
Wednesday evening services
Feb. 27-April 17, 6 pm, Memorial Chapel. "The Last Words of Christ from the Cross", led by Danny Massie.
Lectio Divina & Centering Prayer
Mondays at 11:30 am, Myers Loyalty Room. Led by David Partington and Rob Hallquist.
Help us reflect on the Last Words of Christ on the Cross by bringing a favorite cross to share on our cross display in the Welcome Center Sundays April 7, 14 & 21. Notecards will be available for you to share the story of your cross. Where did it come from? Who gave it to you? Why is it meaningful to you? Plan to pick up your cross after worship April 28.
Easter Egg Hunt
On Sunday, April 7: Kids Disciple Club (grades 3-5) will host an Easter Egg Hunt & Party for the children of Congolese families in our congregation who worship on Sunday afternoons. KDC children will hide eggs, then help with crafts, games, and a snack, and enjoy fun & fellowship. 3:30- 5 pm, Mullin Life Center.
Thursdays, March 7-April 11, 6-7 pm, Virginia Gilmer Room (Smith 239). A time to rest in God and focus on a Lenten word. Led by Olivia Wilson Smith, a certified yoga instructor. For all levels, beginners are welcome and encouraged. Come for all six weeks or when you can. Bring your mat.
Cost is $10/class. Each week bring cash or check made to First Presbyterian Church.
Child care will be available with 48 hours notice to Yolanda Baxter, 336-478-4722 or ybaxter(at)fpcgreensboro.org.