First Kids Consignment Sale
Join us at the premier consignment sale in the area!
Friday & Saturday, Sept. 27-28, 2019
We offer children's clothing (many BRAND name and LIKE NEW), toys, books, gear, and bedding. Items come from more than 300 consignors.
Friday, Sept. 27, 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturday, Sept. 28, 7:30 a.m. until noon. Most items are half price Saturday.
If you are interested in volunteering, please register here. Please note, you will be asked to register for a consignor number in order to sign up for a shift, but you are NOT required to consign in order to volunteer.
If you would like to consign, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back by Popular Demand!!
VIP Pre-Sale Passes
Avoid the crowds and get first pick of the great merchandise. The VIP pass gets you into a private Thursday evening pre-sale the day before the public sale! Thursday, Sept. 26, 6-8 pm. Passes will be $10 at the door, limited quantities available.
First Kids is a Triad Moms on Main Best Consignment Sale winner!
Sale takes place in the Mullin Life Center of First Presbyterian on the Greene Street entrance.
- Thursday, Sept. 26 (VIP): 6-8 pm ($10 passes available at door.)
- Friday, Sept. 27: 8:30 am to 7 pm
- Saturday, Sept. 28 2: 7:30 am until noon
When can I shop?
Thursday, Sept. 26, (VIP) 6-8 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 27, 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 28, 7:30 a.m. until Noon. On Saturday, most items are half-price!
How do I tell what’s half-price on Saturday?
The half-price items will be noted on the tags by “Yes” or “No” next to Discount.
How can I pay?
The sale accepts cash and checks. You’ll need an ID showing an address that matches that on the checks. Third-party checks are not accepted. We also cannot take credit or debit cards.
Can I get on your notification list for future sales?
Absolutely! Just give us your contact information. E-mail email@example.com.
Consignment Sale volunteers
This sale happens because of dozens of terrific volunteers, who do everything from bring snacks and paper bags to assemble racks, sort toys, run cash registers, match lost tags with their items, and help distract tired babies!
Most of our volunteers are moms and grandmas, although we do get great help from some dads, especially during set-up and break-down.
Volunteer shifts are available from lunchtime Wednesday through Saturday evening, which means there’s something available for every schedule.
Volunteers who sign up to work a three-hour shift are admitted to a Volunteer Preview Sale, 4-6 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 26.
New for fall 2019: We are using My Sale Manager for all volunteer shifts. Please sign up for a consignor number at www.mysalemanager.net/hom_start.aspx?partnercode=FKCS. Even if you are not consigning, you will use your consignor account to sign up for volunteer shifts.
We are happy that you have chosen to participate in the First Kids sale. Even if you have consigned with us before, please read through the information below for policy changes.
Barcode-based inventory system
This system allows consignors access to their own consignor home page. From this page, you will find links to confirm your participation in the sale, manage your contact information, sign your consignor waiver, enter your items online and print fully barcoded easy to use tags at home. You also can track your sales online!
We would like to encourage everyone to go to www.mysalemanager.net/hom_start.aspx?partnercode=FKCS and have a look around. We have already transferred everyone's old consignor number and contact information - please review this information and make any necessary changes. Your password is the last 4 digits of the phone number we have on file for you. If you have any questions about the number you provided, please email us and we can give you your password: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please go ahead and familiarize yourself with the tag entry process - these are the ONLY tags accepted for our sales.
You must have have at least 30 items to sell. Consignors receive 60 percent of sales price less a $1 postage/handling fee. The remaining 40 percent is a tax-deductible contribution.
Back this sale! Consignors who work a full, 3-hour volunteer shift will recieve an additonal 10 percent, earning a total of 70 percent of sales price. The remaining 30 percent is a tax-deductible contribution. You may sign up for a volunteer shift by visiting here.
E-mail email@example.com for information. You can also request a number through our new online sale management system: www.mysalemanager.net/hom_start.aspx?partnercode=FKCS
- Fall and winter children’s clothing
- Maternity clothes
- Athletic wear, dance wear
- Shoes (all season)
- Baby equipment
- Sports items
All items must be in good condition.
We do not accept:
- out-of-season clothing
- items that are stained
- items that are ripped
- maternity clothes
- items missing buttons or parts
- items with broken zippers
- clothes with odors
Check your items for quality. We reserve the right to pull damaged or non-seasonal clothing or items.
Clothing: Clean, press, and hang clothing on left-facing wire hangers. Use safety pins to secure pants and shorts to the top angles of the hanger. Use safety pins to attach the sale tag to the upper right-hand corner of the item.
Shoes, small items and toys (socks, hairbows, small toys): Clean items. Use clear plastic baggies (one pair of shoes to bag). Use masking or scotch tape to attach tag to the outside of the bag. No packing tape please. Use safety pins only for soft items (stuffed animals, blankets, etc.).
Large items & toys: Clean items. Secure all parts to item. Use masking tape or scotch tape to attach tag. No packing tape please.
Our online system allows consignors access to their own consignor homepage. From this page, you will find links to confirm your participation in the sale, manage your contact information, sign your consignor waiver, enter your items online and print fully barcoded easy to use tags at home. You will also be able to track your sales online!
Go to www.mysalemanager.net/hom_start.aspx?partnercode=FKCS and have a look around. We have already transferred everyone's consignor number and contact information - please review this information and make any necessary changes. Your password is the last 4 digits of the phone number we have on file for you. If you have any questions about the number you provided, please email us and we can give you your password: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, please let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do to help. Please don't hesitate to contact us at any time should you have questions or need assistance.
Sort and bundle your items by size and gender. For instance, group all of your girls 2T together, 3T together, etc. Use rubber bands to bundle the hangers together at the top for each size. Please do not bundle different sizes together using the same rubber band. This helps ensure your items will be stocked prior to the sale’s opening.
Drop-off is scheduled for Wednesday, Sept. 25, 7:30 - 9 pm and Thursday, Sept. 26, 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. at Mullin Life Center, on the Greene Street side of the church. If you are late, your items will be put to the side & set out if/when we have time.
Please be prepared to stop briefly at the curb to unload. Volunteers will be available to assist you. Once you have unloaded, you may park in a designated area and return to move your items inside.
Please do not park in the semicircle in front of the Life Center entrance. This is our preschool’s carpool lane. Park in the Greene Street parking lot or on Fisher Park Circle. You may use the parking deck on Fisher Avenue behind the Shetler Building.
As you enter the door, you will check-in and review your address to make sure we send your check to the right place. Also make sure to sign a policies statement (checks will not be mailed without this signed statement) and pick up your consignor preview sale voucher.
There are two preview sales:
Volunteers who sign up to work a three-hour shift are admitted to a Volunteer Preview Sale, 4-6 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 26. Volunteer shifts are available from lunchtime Wednesday through Saturday evening. If you are interested in volunteering, register online here.
Each consignor receives one voucher to the Consignor Preview Sale, 6-8 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 26. Vouchers are non-transferable.
Friday, Sept. 27
8:30 am - 7 pm
Saturday, Sept. 28
7:30 am to 12 pm
Most Items are half price on Saturday
We urge you to donate your unsold, unwanted items. Unsold items you want to pick up should have “Donate:No” highlighted in yellow on the tag. You may pick up your unsold items 4–5 p.m. Saturday. Items not picked up by 5 pm will be donated to charity. Receipts for donated items will be included with your check.
Our goal is to mail checks within four weeks of the sale.
Your check will come with a letter that tells you how to confirm your number for the next sale.