This weekend’s schedule is changing a bit because of the weather:
- Today’s Easter Vigil, at 7:30 pm, will now begin in the Virginia Gilmer Room.
- Sunday’s Resurrection Egg Hunt will be indoors. Meet in the Life Center at 10 am.
All else is happening as planned.
Maundy Thursday, April 6. This year we will gather and take communion at the round tables in the Life Center. The service begins at 6 pm, with music from the Rejoice! band. Read Jill’s description here.
Tenebrae on Friday, April 7, begins at 7:30 pm in the Sanctuary with music from the Chancel Choir. The lights gradually lower into darkness as we reflect on Christ’s death. Child care will be available; make a reservation with Lisa Witherspoon at 336-478-4726.
Easter Vigil on Saturday, April 8, begins at 7:30 pm in Virginia Gilmer Room. We carry the light into the sanctuary, with music from traditional and Rejoice! musicians. Child care will be available; make a reservation with Lisa Witherspoon at 336-478-4726.
Easter Sunday, April 9
- 7 am Sunrise Service in Memorial Columbarium.
- Bring a flower for the cross!
- Traditional services with brass in the sanctuary at 9 and 11 am.
- Children will have an egg hunt at 10 am. Meet in the Life Center.
- Easter Sightings: Walk with Jesus Following the Resurrection, led by Rev. Kate Huddelson Gillespie, a retired PCUSA minister. April 9: Breakfast on the Beach. Faith Builders class, Myers Loyalty Room, 10 am.
- Where is Jesus Now? Led by Rev. Maria Hanlin in the Agape class, Garden Room, 10 am.