Fall is officially here and there is lots happening in the coming weeks! Please read and join us!
Our elementary milestones continue!
- Preschool & Kindergarten: MLC 102 (Preschool nursery classroom) for a Fruit of the Spirit Lesson series – High School youth, Macy McAlister & Megan Witherspoon will lead the lesson!
- First Grade: CORL 304 – Getting to Know My Bible
- Second Grade: CORL 301 – Worship Education
- Third Grade: CORL 300 **NOTE THIS NEW LOCATION!
- Fourth Grade: CORL 303 – Catechism Education
- Fifth Grade: CORL 306 – Bible Skills
Our Diaper Drive begins this Sunday! We will be collecting diapers and wipes for the Greater Triad Diaper Bank. These can be dropped of in the red wagons on Sunday mornings (Life Center, Tower Room, Welcome Center). All sizes will be accepted, but the Diaper bank has the highest need for sizes 4 & 5, pull-ups, and wipes. The drive will runt through October 17.
This Sunday is also World Communion Sunday, which will be observed in both Rejoice and Traditional Sanctuary worship services.
Finally, our Kids Clubs kick off on Sunday afternoon! Clubs will meet from 4:30-5:30. If you signed up for a club, you will receive a separate email from me with additional information. If you have not signed up for a club, but would like to, please reply to this email and let me know. We have a few spots left in our Lego, Yoga, & Preschool Clubs.
Children’s Sabbath is October 17 and there will be several things happening that day!
- Preschool-elementary Sunday School will meet as usual with milestones continuing.
- **NEW: For parents, there will be a special presentation during Sunday School. FPC member and licensed clinical mental health counselor, Dr. Maddy Lowman, will present a session based on the Children’s Sabbath theme, “Where does it hurt? Listening to Heal Our Children.” The session will cover how stress and anxiety and effect young children, what to expect developmentally, and what parents can do to help. The session will take place in M125 (the conference room near Christian Formation offices).
- We will also celebrate the 75th anniversary of our Weekday Preschool with a special display in the Welcome Center and some special take home treats.
That afternoon, we will take all the diaper donations to the Greater Triad Diaper Bank. Children age 5 and up are invite to this event from 2-4pm where we will learn about the diaper bank and help to sort, count, and package diapers for pick up. **SPACE IS LIMITED due to diaper bank Covid guidelines so sign up is required. You can SIGN UP HERE. (The adult slots are full, but if you are an adult who would like to go, please reach out. If the children’s slots do not fill up, we can take additional adults. If you would like to send your child, but cannot go yourself, let me know & we may be able to work out some carpooling.)
**With input and support from our children’s formation committee, we have decided to cancel Trunk or Treat, previously scheduled for the afternoon of October 31st. However, we will have some Halloween fun in Sunday School that morning. .
**NEW: On October 31st, children are invited to wear their costumes to church for Halloween and Reformation Sunday!! Bonus prize if the costume includes plaid or reference to a bible character! Children (with a parent or other adult) are invited to gather at the back of the Life Center at 10am. From there, we will visit several locations inside the church to collect some treats. Then, we will head out to the playground for fellowship, doughnuts, and apple cider. (Rain plan will be an indoor movie.) **Milestones & preschool Sunday School will not meet that day.
Other Notes and Info
Be sure to join our FPC Parents Facebook group!
Please be in touch if you have any questions or concerns!
Director of Children’s Ministry
First Presbyterian Church, Greensboro, NC