It was so wonderful to see many, many of you at our Kickoff on Sunday! We had lots of fun reconnecting!! I hope to see even more of you in the coming weeks for our milestone classes.
Milestones begin this Sunday, September 19! We have an amazing group of teachers ready to go and we are so excited to have kids back in Sunday School! Please look closely at the following locations for each grade level:
- Preschool & Kindergarten: MLC 102 (Preschool nursery classroom) for a Fruit of the Spirit Lesson series
- First Grade: CORL 304 – Getting to Know My Bible – **These students will be recognized collectively during the children’s message in the 11am sanctuary worship.
- Second Grade: CORL 301 – Worship Education
- Third Grade:***GARDEN ROOM*** – Parents are asked to attend with their children for this introductory class. this is a change from the letter that was sent previously.
- Fourth Grade: CORL 303 – Catechism Education
- Fifth Grade: CORL 306 – Bible Skills – **These students will be recognized collectively during the children’s message in the 11am sanctuary worship.
Parents who are looking for a class to join are invited to attend FPC 101 in the Solarium. While this class is typically offered for new members, we are also offering it as a “refresher course” for all members and as a way for new members to meet others since they have been largely unable to do so until now. The class will meet for four Sundays.
As a reminder (one last time!), our new schedule has begun!
- Rejoice! worship in the Life center at 9am
- Sunday School for all ages at 10am
- Traditional worship in the Sanctuary at 11am
(Almost) LAST CALL to sign up for Kids Clubs! We are excited about this new initiative to offer interest based, mixed age clubs for kids! CLICK HERE to read more information and sign up. Deadline to sign up is NEXT WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22. We are also looking for a few more club leaders, specifically for the LEGO club and Preschool clubs. If you are interested, just let me know!
In October, we will be hosting a diaper drive for the Diaper Bank of NC. Then, on October 17, we will travel to the Diaper Bank in Winston for a hands on outreach project. We will learn about the diaper bank, why it exists, and help to sort & count diapers. Kids ages 5 and up are invited to join us! We also have room for some adults. the Diaper bank is currently limiting group size to 20, so sing up is required. SIGN UP HERE.
Mark your calendars for Trunk or Treat on October 31 from 3-5pm! No need to sing up to attend, but if you would like to decorate a trunk, you can sign up HERE.
Also, one last time, I have attached a printable list of events and activities so you can mark your calendars! (These are, of course, subject to change.)
**NOTE: Meals of Hope, originally scheduled for this Saturday, September 18m, has been cancelled.
Other Notes and Info
We had a glitch with our Prayers for Parents last Sunday, but are working on it and will post a new one this Sunday! Also, be sure to join our FPC Parents Facebook group!
Please be in touch if you have any questions or concerns!
Director of Children’s Ministry
First Presbyterian Church, Greensboro, NC