Hope everyone is doing well! Please see below for all that is happening at FPC this week and coming up!
Our elementary milestones continue!
- Preschool & Kindergarten: MLC 102 (Preschool nursery classroom) for a Fruit of the Spirit Lesson series – High School youth, Callie LaFave and Ada Kirkland will lead the lesson!
- First Grade: CORL 304 – Getting to Know My Bible
- Second Grade: Worship Education – **Meet in the back of the Life Center for a tour of the Rejoice worship space! Parents are encouraged to attend!
- Third Grade: CORL 300 – Communion Education – Children will meet their elder friends this week!
- Fourth Grade: CORL 303 – Catechism Education
- Fifth Grade: CORL 306 – Bible Skills
Last Sunday of the Diaper Drive! We are collecting diapers and wipes for the Greater Triad Diaper Bank and we really need more! These can be dropped of in the red wagons on Sunday mornings (Life Center, Tower Room, Welcome Center). All sizes will be accepted, but the Diaper bank has the highest need for sizes 4 & 5, pull-ups, and wipes. The drive will run through October 17. In the afternoon, we will head to the diaper Bank in Winston Salem from 2-4pm to help count and sort diaper so they are ready for families who need them. We still have plenty of open slots & we need your help!!! Please consider SIGNING UP HERE to join us! **I have room to drive some kiddos in my car if parents are unable to go. Just let me know!!
This Sunday is Children’s Sabbath! There will be a special Sunday School presentation for preschool & elementary parents in M125. FPC member, Dr. Maddy Lowman, will discuss what stress and anxiety looks like in young children & how parents can help! There will also be a special display in the Welcome Center to celebrate the 75th anniversary of our Weekday Preschool!
Finally, get your costumes ready!!! On Sunday October 31st, children are invited to wear their costumes to church! We will gather at the back of the Life Center at 10am (children should be accompanied by an adult). Then, we will go trick or treating around the church before heading out to the playground for some doughnuts & apple cider! Extra prizes given if the costumes include plaid (for Reformation Sunday) or reference to a bible story! I’ve got my costume ready & I can’t wait to see yours!😁🎃 (Milestones will NOT meet on this Sunday.)
- November 7 – Final Milestones session for fall
- November 14 – Movie Day! – **ONE SERVICE at 11am in the sanctuary for Confirmation Sunday
- November 21 – Service Day – elementary & youth will join together to pack winter care bags for Hot Dish & Hope Guests
- November 28 – NO CHURCH SCHOOL
We are working on Advent plans for December 5, 12, & 19. We will be bringing back some of our favorite traditions (with modifications) as well as introducing some fun new things! Details coming soon! 🎄⭐
Other Notes and Info
Remember to check out our First Pres Parents Facebook group!
Please be in touch if you have any questions or concerns!
Director of Children’s Ministry
First Presbyterian Church, Greensboro, NC