Happy New Year!! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! We are rolling into 2022 with lots coming up!
***IMPORTANT PASSPORT CAMP INFORMATION: If you have a current 3rd, 4th, or 5th grader who plans to attend Passport Camp at Greensboro College July 11-14, your initial deposit of $150 per child is due by January 15! Please look for a separate email with a registration form and additional details.
Our Winter Milestones begin during the Sunday School hour at 10am!
- Kindergarten(Beginner bible) – CORL 304 – Bible Presentation and first lesson. **Parents are encouraged to attend.
- First Grade (Worship Education) – CORL 301 – Why We Worship
- Second Grade(Communion Education) – CORL 300 – Intro Class – **Parents are encouraged to attend.
- Third Grade(Catechism Education) – CORL 301 – God & Creation
- Fourth Grade(Bible Skills) – Memorial 200 (Spencer Love Room) – Bible Presentation and first lesson –**Parents are encouraged to attend.
- Fifth Grade (Spiritual Practices) – CORL 306 – Prayer
- Preschoolers will begin their special “Bible Heroes” series in MLC 101 by learning about Daniel.
Join us for worship in Rejoice at 9am or Sanctuary at 11am!
**NEW PARENT CLASS: Families Growing in Faith– a *new* Sunday School class designed for parents who seek community, support, and growth in their faith. The class will focus on different topics each week, and will be collaborative in leading and planning. We will meet in the back of the Life Center at 10:15. Please email Lisa Cook at email@example.com for more information. **Nursery care is available, but little ones are also welcome to come with you to the class if you are more comfortable keeping them with you!
Next Sunday, January 16:
- Milestones will NOT meet due to the MLK holiday weekend. Preschool-5th grade students are invited to the Biblemax Theater (CORL 305) for a winter movie day!
- Join us at the Diaper Bank from 2-4pm! We collected LOTS of diapers during Advent that we need to deliver. while we are there, we will help to sort, count, & package diapers for delivery. Masks required and group size is limited, so please SIGN UP HERE.
Sunday, January 23:
- Milestones resume!
Other Notes and Info
Did you know that tomorrow, January 6th, is Epiphany? Epiphany happens on the 12th day after Christmas and is a celebration of the Wise Men’s journey to see the Christ child. Since it is not on a Sunday (usually), we often don’t give it much attention, but it is a great opportunity to practice faith at home with your family. HERE is a wonderful, easy way to talk about and celebrate epiphany at home. Be sure to check out the ideas at the bottom of the article for younger children. Also, the activity incorporates “star words.” If you would like some additional words to choose from, you can find more HERE or HERE.
Please be in touch if you have any questions or concerns!
Director of Children’s Ministry
First Presbyterian Church, Greensboro, NC