SUNDAYS FOR CHILDREN
Welcome! Worshipping God with your kids is one of the most important things you can do. At FPC they will see that they belong to God and that their church family cares about them.
Care is available from 8:15 am to noon for babies through preschoolers on the first floor of Mullin Life Center. During 10:30 services nursing space is available in the Virginia Gilmer Room (behind Sanctuary with service on TV).
Drop by Cannon’s Solarium for drinks, snacks, and greetings with pastors & members, 8:45-10:30 am. Nursery rooms are just across the courtyard from the solarium, and it’s a quick walk upstairs to Rejoice!
Our theme is “Loving God, Loving Neighbor.” In all four gospels, Jesus proclaims this the greatest commandment. We are learning about our community and how we are called to love God by loving one another. Once a month, grades K-5 come together for Outreach Sunday. We learn about one of FPC’s outreach ministries with hands-on activities and discover ways we can help. Classes for preschoolers through elementary begin at 9:15 am in these locations:
- Preschool (ages 3-4) – Mullin Life Center, room 102
- Kindergarten & Grade 1 – Corl Building, 301
- Grades 2 & 3 – Corl Building, 303
- Grades 4 & 5 – Corl Building, 306
While they are in class, choose from among our Sunday class options for adults.
We embrace the wiggles, soft giggles, energy & innocence children bring. Here are suggestions to help your family make the most of your experience at worship:
- Take a restroom break – Family rooms are located off the hallway behind the Sanctuary and near the Greene Street door of Mullin Life Center. A restroom is also available off the hallway behind Memorial Chapel.
- At worship entrances, you will find children’s activity bulletins and worship bags to fill with coloring sheets, crayons, stickers & more.
- Sit near the front: Children are more engaged when they can see what’s happening.
- Participate: In the call to worship, prayers & music. Kids learn by watching & imitating.
- Relax: We’ve been in your seat! Being still & quiet can be hard for young ones. If you ever feel you need to take your child out, the Virginia Gilmer Room behind the Sanctuary has comfortable chairs and a live feed of the service.
- Sanctuary and Rejoice services include a Children’s Message time, when children are invited to gather at the front for a brief message.
- Please return your worship bag and unused items to the cart.
- On your way home, talk with your children about the service. What did they hear or notice? What questions do they have?