October 26: Reformation Sunday
Join us at one of our three worship services Sunday as Sid Batts continues our fall sermon series, "How GOD's Story Becomes OUR Story." Sid will preach part 8 of the series, titled "The Untold Story of the Body of Christ."
Services in Temple Emanuel (across Greene Street from our sanctuary) begin at 8:30 and 10:45 a.m.
Our Rejoice! service in Mullin Life Center begins at 10:45 a.m.
It's Reformation Sunday, which means we will celebrate our Reformed, Scottish heritage. Wear your plaid. We will have bagpipers during both Temple services. Our children's choirs will sing during the Rejoice! service.
Church School: 9:30 a.m.
Children and youth classes
- Preschoolers meet on the second floor of Corl.
- Kindergarten students (and their parents) begin a Milestone class, "Growing, Grateful, Generous Hearts" in Corl 301.
- First-grade students (and their parents) begin a Milestone class, "Ready, Set, Worship!" in Corl 300.
- Grades 2-4 meet on the third floor of Corl.
- Grade 5 meets in Memorial 300.
- Youth (grades 6-12) meet on the third floor of Shetler.
- The Agape Class meets in Memorial Chapel.
- The Commitment Class (Memorial 100) meets to study the Common Lectionary text for the week.
- The Faith Matters Class (Memorial 202) continues its discussion of Rob Bell's book, Love Wins.
- The Foundations Class (Memorial 303) continues its discussion of the book The Blessings of a Skinned Knee by Wendy Mogel.
- The Homebuilders Class meets in Memorial 200.
- The Seekers Class (Shetler 214) continues its study of John, led by Gerard Davidson.
- Storyline continues with Rev. Dolly Jacobs and Libby Boehne in Shetler 106.
- The Travelers Class (Memorial 304) meets with Austin Carty teaching.
- Young Men's Bible Class meets in Redhead Hall with Gerald Donnelly teaching.
Austin Carty, our young adult intern, invites all young adults to lunch after worship. Meet outside the Life Center's Greene Street entrance.
Youth Group for both Middle School and High School youth begins Sunday. Middle School Youth meet at 4:30 p.m. High School Youth meet at 6:30 p.m. Both groups meet on the third floor of the Shetler Building.
November 2: All Saints' Sunday; Daylight-Saving Time ends, so remember to set clocks back an hour.
November 2: Our Chancel Choir's All Saints' Sunday concert begins at 3 p.m. in Phillips Chapel at Canterbury School. The concert will feature works by Howells, Vaughan Williams, Purcell and Dupre.
November 9: Stewardship Commitment Sunday
November 16: Kids Disciple Club's progressive dinner for children in grades 3-5, 4 to 6 p.m.
November 30: Advent begins
November 30: Las Posadas Blessing and Introduction, 10 a.m. in Life Center for children and youth families (no regular Church School for families).
December 28: Seminary Student Sunday; Josh Stanley preaches