October 5: World Communion Sunday
Join us at one of our three worship services Sunday as Senior Pastor Sid Batts continues our fall sermon series, "How GOD's Story Becomes OUR Story." Part 5 of the series is titled "Our Family Story."
Services in Temple Emanuel (across Greene Street from our sanctuary) begin at 8:30 and 10:45 a.m.
Our Rejoice! service in Mullin Life Center begins at 10:45 a.m.
All three services will include Communion.
Church School: 9:30 a.m.
Children's and youth classes:
- Youth meet on the third floor of Shetler.
- Children in elementary school (K-5) meet on the third floor of the Corl Building. The fifth-grade class will celebrate class members who have birthdays between June 1 and Oct. 31 with cookies and cake.
- Preschooler children meet on the second floor of the Corl Building.
- The Agape Class meets in Memorial Chapel.
- The Commitment Class (Memorial 100) meets to study the Common Lectionary text for the week.
- The Faith Matters Class (Memorial 202) continues its discussion of Rob Bell's book, Love Wins.
- The Homebuilders Class (Memorial 200) continues a new discussion of "Falling Upward" by Richard Rohr. Doug Key facilitates.
- The Seekers Class (Shetler 214) continues its study of John, led by Gerard Davidson.
- Storyline continues with Rev. Dolly Jacobs and Libby Boehne in Shetler 106.
- The Travelers Class (Memorial 304) meets with Austin Carty teaching.
- Young Men's Bible Class meets in Redhead Hall with Charles Howell teaching.
This Sunday we collect Pennies for Hunger. All contributions now support Hot Dish & Hope. We also will collect contributions to the Good Samaritan Fund, which helps many of our neighbors provide basic needs such as shelter and utilities.
Austin Carty, our young adult intern, invites all young adults to lunch after worship. Meet outside the Life Center's Greene Street entrance.
Our youth ministry invites all sixth-grade students to the Sixth-Grade Book Club at 3:30 p.m. on the third floor of Shetler. The group is concluding its discussion of Wonder by R.J. Palacio.
Youth Group for both Middle School and High School youth begins Sunday. Middle School Youth meet at 4:30 p.m. High School Youth meet at 6:30 p.m. Both groups meet on the third floor of the Shetler Building.
October 12: Libby Boehne, our Cynthia Price Pastoral Resident, preaches
October 19: Covenant Bible Study begins a new series with Rev. Neil Dunnavant in Memorial 200, 9:30 a.m.
October 26: Reformation Sunday
November 2: All Saints' Sunday; Daylight-Saving Time ends, so remember to set clocks back an hour.
November 30: Advent begins
December 28: Seminary Student Sunday; Josh Stanley preaches