This Sunday, Senior Pastor Sid Batts will be the preacher during all three worship services:
- 8:30 a.m. in the sanctuary
- 10:45 a.m. in the sanctuary
- 10:45 a.m. Rejoice! in Mullin Life Center.
Sid's sermon title is "Super Bowl Clash in the Synagogue."
Church School: 9:30 a.m.
Children and youth classes:
- Preschoolers meet on the second floor of Corl.
- Grades K-1 and 3 students meet on the third floor of Corl.
- Second-grade students continue "Taste the Bread, Touch the Water," a Milestone class about Baptism and Communion (Corl 303).
- Fourth-grade students continue "Getting to Know My Bible," a Milestone class about Bible basics (Corl 306).
- Fifth-grade students meet in Memorial 300.
- Youth classes meet on the third floor of Shetler.
- The Agape Class meets in Memorial Chapel. In January, Professor Sandie Gravett is leading "Ecclesiastes: Our Stories -- Life, Meaning and Advice."
- The Commitment Class (Memorial 100) features "Jesus Incorporated: Exploring Contemporary Issues Through the Scriptures."
- The Faith Matters Class (Memorial 202) continues "The Gospel According to Music."
- The Foundations Class (Memorial 303) continues "Real Kids, Real Faith."
- The Homebuilders Class meets in Memorial 200 to continue "Spirituality and the Twelve Steps" by Richard Rohr.
- Parents of Teens Milestone Class (Shetler 116) continues "Sticky Faith" this week.
- The Seekers Class (Shetler 214) continues its study of John, led by Gerard Davidson.
- The Travelers Class (Memorial 304) continues its new study, "The Gospel According to the Academy Awards," with Austin Carty teaching.
- Young Men's Bible Class meets in Redhead Hall. Charles Howell continues the class's study of Amos.
Milestones classes for children
Second-grade students and their parents continue "Taste the Bread, Touch the Water," a Milestone class about Baptism and Communion (Corl 303).
Fourth-grade students and their parents continue "Getting to Know My Bible," a Milestone class about Bible basics (Corl 306). The students will receive their Bibles during worship.
Our eighth-grade students meet for Confirmation Class, third floor of Shetler, at 9:30 a.m.
Youth groups will not meet
Youth groups will not meet this Sunday evening.
Feb. 8: Bob Goff, author of Love Does, joins us for worship and activities.
March 1: Congregational meeting following 10:45 a.m. Sanctuary service to vote on a slate of elder nominees
Feb. 22: First Sunday in Lent (Ash Wednesday is Feb. 18).
March 22: Confirmation Sunday.
March 29: Palm Sunday begins Holy Week.
April 5: Easter!