March 1: 'Why do you see the speck in your neighbor's eye?'
This Sunday, Senior Pastor Sid Batts continues our Lenten sermon series, "Jesus' Questions on the Road to Resurrection," during all three worship services:
- 8:30 am, Sanctuary
- 10:45 am, Sanctuary
- 10:45 am Rejoice!, Mullin Life Center (Credo and Canticle choirs sing!)
This week's question: "Why do you see the speck in your neighbor's eye?"
The congregation will vote on a slate of elder nominees and will consider a change in call for our three full-time pastors during a congregational meeting following the 10:45 am service in the Sanctuary.
Lenten Compline service
Our music ministry offers a 5 pm Compline service in the Sanctuary.
Church School: 9:30 a.m.
Children and youth classes:
- Preschoolers meet on the second floor of Corl.
- Grades K-2 and 4 students meet on the third floor of Corl.
- Third-graders begin a Milestone class, "Belonging to God, A First Catechism," third floor of Corl.
- Fifth-grade students meet in Memorial 300.
- Youth classes meet on the third floor of the Shetler Building.
- The Agape Class meets in the Garden Room and will learn about FPC's library from Nancy Fuller.
- The Commitment Class (Memorial 100) continues "Jesus Incorporated: Social Justice and Christian Discipleship."
- The Faith Matters Class (Memorial 305) hears from Anne Albert about fugues: "Why do I love fugues and why you should too!"
- The Homebuilders Class meets in Memorial 200 to continue "Spirituality and the Twelve Steps" by Richard Rohr.
- Parents of Teens Milestone Class (Shetler 116) continues "Sticky Faith" this week.
- The Seekers Class (Main 105) continues its study of John, led by Gerard Davidson.
- The Travelers Class (Memorial 304) continues "The Gospel According to the Academy Awards," with Austin Carty teaching.
- Young Men's Bible Class meets in Redhead Hall for "Christians in These Changing Times" presented by High Point University's Dr. Larry Simpson.
Summer camp registration
Summer camp registration opens Sunday.
Bob Goff sermon replay
See a video of best-selling author Bob Goff's Feb. 8 sermon at FPC beginning at 9:30 am Sunday in the Virginia Gilmer Room. Neil Dunnavant hosts.
Milestones classes for children
Third-grade students begin "Belonging to God, A First Catechism" this week on the third floor of Corl.
March 8: StepUp Sunday.
March 8: Our youth ministry's Chili Cookoff from 5:30 to 7 pm in the Life Center is raising money for summer trips. More info.
March 8: Kids Disciple Club volunteers at Encore! (StepUp) thrift store, Golden Gate Village.
March 22: Confirmation Sunday.
March 29: Palm Sunday begins Holy Week. Children gather outside Life Center at 10:20 am.
April 5: Easter! Identical services at 8:30 and 10:45 am, Sanctuary.