April 5: Easter Sunday - Why Are You Weeping?
Our Easter Sunrise Service begins at 7 am in Memorial Columbarium, located near the corner of Elm Street and Fisher Park Circle. Please bring a breakfast item to share.
The sunrise service will be followed by three Easter services, all of which include Senior Pastor Sid Batts' conclusion to our Lenten sermon series, "Jesus' Questions on the Road to Resurrection." This week's question: "Why are you weeping?"
Join us at:
- 8:30 am, Sanctuary
- 10:45 am, Sanctuary
- 10:45 am, Rejoice! in Mullin Life Center
Scripture: John 20:1-18.
Children meet at 10 am in the columbarium for fun and activities. We will not have regular Church School classes for children this week.
Church School: 9:30 a.m.
Children and youth classes:
- Preschoolers meet on the second floor of Corl.
- Grades K-5 gather at 10 am in the Columbarium to celebrate the Resurrection!
- Youth classes will not meet Sunday.
- The Agape Class will not meet.
- The Commitment Class (Memorial 100) studies this week's Lectionary text.
- The Faith Matters Class meets in Memorial 305.
- The Homebuilders Class meets in Memorial 200 to conclude "Spirituality and the Twelve Steps" by Richard Rohr.
- The Seekers Class (Main 105) continues its study of John, led by Gerard Davidson.
- The Travelers Class (Memorial 304) continues "The Gospel According to the Academy Awards," with Austin Carty teaching.
- YMBC meets in Redhead Hall to hear John Willett speak.
Youth groups will not meet
Our afternoon / evening youth groups will not meet Sunday so that our students may spend Easter with their families.
April 19: Our children's choirs present an end-of-year concert from 2 to 3 pm in the Sanctuary.
May 3: We will celebrate the renovation! The celebration includes a 5 pm concert in the Sanctuary: The Chancel Choir, orchestra and soloists present W.A. Mozart's Great Mass in C Minor.
May 17: The Boros returns with a fried-chicken picnic in each of our neighborhoods!
May 24: Pentecost Sunday celebration -- wear red!
May 24: We will not have 8:30 am worship as our summer schedule begins. Both 10:45 am services continue. The 8:30 am service returns after Labor Day.