Oct. 4: Iconic Power
Senior Pastor Sid Batts continues our fall sermon series, "Power Up," during all three worship services Sunday:
- 8:30 am Sanctuary service
- 10:45 am Rejoice! service in Mullin Life Center
- 10:45 am Sanctuary service with live streaming
All services include Communion as we join with Christians around the world to celebrate World Communion Sunday.
Sermon: Power Up, part 4 -- Iconic Power
Scripture: John 6:35, 45-51
Bulletin: See Sunday's Sanctuary service bulletin (pdf)
Thinking about visiting? Here's some information.
We offer a live stream of our 10:45 am Sanctuary service each Sunday.
Children and youth
Children's and youth Church School classes return at 9:30 am:
- Youth meet on the first floor of Shetler
- Fifth-graders meet in Memorial 300
- Grades K-4 meet on the third floor of Corl
- Preschoolers meet on the first floor of the Life Center.
Please note that our nursery is now located in the Life Center, first floor.
Adult Church School
- Agape Class in Smith 124, the Garden Room: Ministries of FPC: Worship
- Commitment Class in Memorial 100: Eracism--the Believer's Calling, an in-depth study of racism in our society
- Faith Matters in Cannon's Solarium: Discussion of Long Night by Reynolds Price, part of our "Listening for God: Short Stories" series.
- Homebuilders in Memorial 200: Introduction to the New Testament with Neil Dunnavant
- Seekers in Main 125, located beneath the Sanctuary: This class continues a study of Revelation.
- Travelers Class in Memorial 304: The Great Theologians with Kevin Geurink, Cynthia Price Pastoral Resident
- YMBC in Redhead Hall: This week Rev. Frank Dew, pastor of New Creation Community Presbyterian, speaks.
Contact Wendy Duncan for more info about adult classes.
A place for families
During worship, the Virginia Gilmer Room offers a live feed from the Sanctuary so that nursing mothers or parents with restless children can worship in a more comfortable environment. The space offers comfortable seating, worship bags for children and a nursing screen. Children in this area must be supervised by a parent or guardian. For the Rejoice! service, a similar area for families is available in the rear of the Life Center.
Our Music Ministry begins its First Sunday series with an Evensong Service beginning at 5 pm in the Sanctuary. Evensong services trace their history to the medieval church; they seek to provide a special time for reflection and worship at the end of the day.
Youth groups meet
Our youth ministry invites students in grades 6-12 for dinner, fellowship, games, lessons and opportunities for small group discussions:
- Middle School Youth meet from 5:30 to 7 pm, first floor of Shetler
- High School Youth meet from 6:30 to 8 pm, first floor of Shetler
The Parking Assistance Ministry team (PAM) has spaces on both sides of Greene street reserved for our members and visitors with special needs. PAM volunteers can assist with guiding you to appropriate parking. If you are being driven to church, you may be dropped off at the Greene Street entrance while your driver parks.
Oct. 11: Ten Thousand Villages holiday sale in our Welcome Center, 8:30 am to 1 pm
Oct. 18: Children's Sabbath and CROP Walk
Oct. 25: Reformation Sunday
Nov. 1: All Saints' Sunday: Our Music Ministry offers an All Saints' Sunday Concert, led by the Chancel Choir, at 5 pm in the Sanctuary. The concert features the Durufle Requiem, composed in 1947 and based in Gregorian chant. The service is part of our First Sundays series.
Nov. 8: Stewardship Sunday
Nov. 26: It's not a Sunday, but each Thanksgiving we express our gratitude to God through a 10 am worship service in the Sanctuary.
Nov. 29: First Sunday of Advent
- Jan. 10, 2016
- April 3, 2016
- July 10, 2016