June 16, 2019: Two worship services
Rev. Nate Sell, our pastoral resident, will be our preacher during Sunday's two services:
• 10:30 am Rejoice! in Mullin Life Center
• 10:30 am in the Sanctuary (with live streaming).
Sermon title: Trampled Under Foot
Bulletin: Sunday's Sanctuary service bulletin (pdf)
We live stream our 10:30 am Sanctuary service each Sunday.
Church School at 9:30 am
Classes for children & youth:
- Classes will not meet Sunday or throughout the summer. Classes return Sept. 8.
Adult classes include:
- Rev. Neil Dunnavant continues his new study of Anton Chekhov stories in the Garden Room. This Sunday we will discuss Chekhov's The House With the Mezzanine, looking for ways the story reflects the Christian life. See the full story schedule here.
- Prof. Sandie Gravett leads a discussion titled "Answering the Questions You are Asking" in Redead Hall. YMBC and Agape will meet together.
- Exodus – A deep study of the second book of the Bible, led by Gerard Davidson. Seekers Class meets in Vaughn Conference Room, Main 125.
Also at 9:30 am: Enjoy some personal quiet time to read and reflect or join fellow members for conversation and sharing about your week. Coffee is provided at the front desk.
The Joy of Giving
Please pledge to support our 2019 ministries.
On all four Sundays in July we will have one, blended worship service at 10:30 am in the Sanctuary with different musical styles each week:
- July 7: Aaron Matson Jazz Quintet
- July 14: Music director and organist John Alexander with Logan Trotter and other college student musicians
- July 21: UNCG's Old Time Ensemble
- July 28: Our Rejoice! Band
Rejoice! returns to Mullin Life Center Aug. 4.
Crayons for Kenya
Please bring coloring books and crayons to church. We plan to send them with our high school youth when they travel to Kenya this summer. We're hoping to send 450 coloring books and 450 24-count boxes of crayons. Please drop off donations in the Welcome Center.
A place for families
During our 10:30 am Sanctuary service, the Virginia Gilmer Room offers a live feed from the Sanctuary so nursing mothers or parents with restless children can worship in a more comfortable environment. The space offers comfortable seating, worship bags for children, and a nursing screen. Children in this area must be supervised by a parent or guardian. Additionally, our nusery, on the first floor of Mullin Life Center, is open during worship.
The Parking Assistance Ministry team (PAM) has spaces on both sides of Greene Street reserved for our members and visitors with special needs. PAM volunteers can assist with guiding you to appropriate parking. If you are being driven to church, you may be dropped off at the Greene Street entrance while your driver parks.