Senior Pastor Sid Batts is our preacher during Sunday's worship services:
- 8:30 am Sanctuary
- 10:45 am Rejoice! in Mullin Life Center
- 10:45 am Sanctuary (with live streaming)
Sermon: Selling Our Soul
Bulletin: Sunday's Sanctuary bulletin (pdf)
Thinking about visiting? Here's some information.
We live stream our 10:45 am Sanctuary service each Sunday.
Children and youth
- Preschoolers meet on the first floor of the Life Center.
- Kindergarteners meet on the third floor of Corl.
- First-graders meet in Corl 304.
- Second-graders and their parents will learn about the sacraments of Baptism and Communion in “Taste the Bread, Touch the Water,” Corl 306. The class concludes with the Welcome to the Lord’s Table service on Wednesday, Feb. 24.
- Grades 3 and 4 meet in Corl 303 to continue their Milestone class, "Getting to Know My Bible."
- Grade 5 meets in Memorial 300.
- Youth (grades 6-7 and 9-12) meet in the small youth room on the first floor of Shetler.
- Youth in grade 8 meet for Confirmation in Memorial 304. Parents have a class about parenting teenagers (see adult classes below).
Please note that our nursery is now located in the Life Center, first floor.
Adult Church School
- Rev. Neil Dunnavant discusses Lent in the Agape Class, Garden Room
- The Commitment Class meets in Blair Hagan Room (Memorial 100) to continue its exploration of race in our society.
- Chip Bristol introduces a new study, A Creative Lent, in Faith Matters, Cannon's Solarium (Welcome Center)
- "Grounded: Finding God in the World: A Spiritual Revolution" by Diana Butler Bass in the Homebuilders Class, Memorial 200
- "Help for the Exhausted Parent" in the Parenting Teens Class, large youth room, first floor of Shetler, with Wendy Duncan
- Gerard Davidson leads a study of Hebrews in the Seekers Class, Main 125, Vaughn Conference Room
- "Discipleship in the 21st Century" in the Young Adult Class, Memorial 303. Amber Burgin leads.
- Sandie Gravett, religion professor at Appalachian State, continues At the Table with Jesus in YMBC, Redhead Hall.
Contact Wendy Duncan for more info about adult classes.
A place for families
During worship, the Virginia Gilmer Room offers a live feed from the Sanctuary so that nursing mothers or parents with restless children can worship in a more comfortable environment. The space offers comfortable seating, worship bags for children and a nursing screen. Children in this area must be supervised by a parent or guardian. For the Rejoice! service, a similar area for families is available in the rear of the Life Center.
Please bring school supplies
Our children's ministry is collecting school supplies on Sundays through Feb. 14. We will send the supplies on the February Habitat for Humanity trip to Honduras. Place your donations in the bins in Mullin Life Center. More information.
During a congregational meeting on March 6, we will vote yes or no on whether to approve the slate of church officer nominees that the Nominating Committee has proposed. The slate includes: Elder Class of 2019 - Nancy Abrams, Tripp Adams, Holly Chambers, Vic Cochran, Cheryl Crago, Susan Devaney, Atim Idika, Frank Johns, Amy Jordan, Layne King, Dave Maner, David Newman, Kay Rule, Josh Showers, Andrew Spainhour, Ashley Stewart, Peter Tourtellot, John Vanderwerff, Gay White and Mark Yarbrough; Youth Elder Class of 2017 - Mac Maultsby and Charlie Sanderson; Trustee Class of 2021 - Betsy Harrington.
The Power of Giving
This winter we are committing our giving pledges that will power next year's ministries. Pledge cards are available in Welcome Pads, and you can also pledge online at fpcgreensboro.org/giving.
The Parking Assistance Ministry team (PAM) has spaces on both sides of Greene street reserved for our members and visitors with special needs. PAM volunteers can assist with guiding you to appropriate parking. If you are being driven to church, you may be dropped off at the Greene Street entrance while your driver parks.
March 13: Confirmation Sunday
March 20: Palm Sunday
March 27: Easter Sunday
April 3: Communion Sunday
July 10: Communion Sunday