May 8: StepUp Sunday
During worship Sunday we will celebrate the work of StepUp Greensboro, which helps provide job skills and stability in our community.
Guests from StepUp will speak during each of our three services:
• 8:30 am Sanctuary service
• 10:45 am Sanctuary service (with live streaming)
• 10:45 am Rejoice! service, Mullin Life Center
Children's choirs sing in the 10:45 am Sanctuary service.
Bulletin: Available Friday
Thinking about visiting? Here's some information.
We live stream our 10:45 am Sanctuary service each Sunday.
Children and youth
- Preschoolers meet on the first floor of the Life Center.
- Grades K-4 meet on the third floor of the Corl Building.
- Grade 5 meets in Memorial 300.
- Youth (grades 6-12) meet on the first floor of Shetler.
Classes begin at 9:30 am unless otherwise noted.
Please note that our nursery is now located in the Life Center, first floor.
Adult Church School
- Rev. Myles Fish, director of stewardship, will discuss "Stewardship as a Spiritual Practice" in the Agape Class, Garden Room (Smith 124).
- The Commitment Class (Memorial 100) continues "Eracism: How Our Faith Leads Us to Confront the Sin of Racism in our Culture.”
- The Faith Matters Class meets in the Myers Loyalty Room (second floor of Smith) for a discussion of Richard Rohr's book Breathing Under Water: Spirituality and the Twelve Steps.
- The Homebuilders Class (Memorial 200) continues The Call: The Life and Message of the Apostle Paul.
- The new Spirituality in the Family Class meets in Memorial 304. This week's topic: Spiritual Gifts, led by Lisa Witherspoon.
- Gerard Davidson leads a study of Hebrews in the Seekers Class, Main 125, Vaughn Conference Room
- Sandie Gravett, religion professor from Appalachian State, continues a series on Hinduism in YMBC, Redhead Hall.
Classes begin at 9:30 am unless otherwise noted. Contact Wendy Duncan for more info about adult classes.
A place for families
During worship, the Virginia Gilmer Room offers a live feed from the Sanctuary so that nursing mothers or parents with restless children can worship in a more comfortable environment. The space offers comfortable seating, worship bags for children and a nursing screen. Children in this area must be supervised by a parent or guardian. For the Rejoice! service, a similar area for families is available in the rear of the Life Center.
The Power of Giving
We are committing our giving pledges that will power this year's ministries. Pledge cards are available in Welcome Pads, and you can also pledge online at fpcgreensboro.org/giving.
The Parking Assistance Ministry team (PAM) has spaces on both sides of Greene street reserved for our members and visitors with special needs. PAM volunteers can assist with guiding you to appropriate parking. If you are being driven to church, you may be dropped off at the Greene Street entrance while your driver parks.
May 15: Pentecost Sunday with Pentecost Picnic after worship! We will have hot dogs and hamburgers. Please bring the following according to the first letter of your last name:
- A-I – dessert;
- J-R – salad;
- S-Z – other side dish.
You can drop off your food in the Redhead Hall kitchen before church if you'd like. Please RSVP to Rachel Sommers: 336-478-4799 or firstname.lastname@example.org, by May 12.
May 15: Youth ministry's Senior Recognition Service in 10:45 am Rejoice! (Life Center) and Confirmation make-up during the 10:45 am Sanctuary service.
May 22: Teacher Appreciation Sunday
May 29: Two-service schedule begins (no 8:30 am service) and continues through Labor Day.
July 10: Communion Sunday