November 2: All Saints' Sunday
(Daylight-Saving Time ends Saturday night; set clocks back an hour.)
Join us at one of our three worship services Sunday as Sid Batts continues our fall sermon series, "How GOD's Story Becomes OUR Story." Sid will preach part 9 of the series, titled "The Political Story of Faith."
Services in Temple Emanuel (across Greene Street from our sanctuary) begin at 8:30 and 10:45 a.m.
Our Rejoice! service in Mullin Life Center begins at 10:45 a.m.
It's All Saints' Sunday, on which remember members who have died in the past year.
Church School: 9:30 a.m.
Children and youth classes
- Preschoolers meet on the second floor of Corl.
- Kindergarten students (and their parents) continue their Milestone class, "Growing, Grateful, Generous Hearts" in Corl 301.
- First-grade students (and their parents) continue their Milestone class, "Ready, Set, Worship!" in Corl 300.
- Grades 2-4 meet on the third floor of Corl.
- Grade 5 meets in Memorial 300.
- Youth (grades 6-12) meet on the third floor of Shetler.
- The Agape Class meets in Memorial Chapel. This week's topic is "Community Awareness: Urban Ministry" led by Christie Bird.
- The Commitment Class (Memorial 100) meets to study the Common Lectionary text for the week.
- The Faith Matters Class (Memorial 202) continues its discussion of Rob Bell's book, Love Wins.
- The Foundations Class (Memorial 303) continues its discussion of the book The Blessings of a Skinned Knee by Wendy Mogel.
- The Homebuilders Class meets in Memorial 200. Neil Dunnavant leads "Creating the Covenant."
- The Seekers Class (Shetler 214) continues its study of John, led by Gerard Davidson.
- Storyline concludes with Rev. Dolly Jacobs and Libby Boehne in Shetler 106.
- The Travelers Class (Memorial 304) meets with Austin Carty teaching. This week the class wraps up "Mere Christianity: A Journey Through C.S. Lewis' Masterpiece Set to Pop Culture."
- Young Men's Bible Class meets in Redhead Hall with Charles Howell teaching.
Caroline Yarbrough shares her giving story during our 8:30 a.m. Temple service. Tricia Shaw shares her story at 10:45 a.m. at the 10:45 a.m. Temple service. During the 10:45 a.m. Rejoice! service, Margaret Chase shares her giving story. On Commitment Sunday, November 9, we will offer our pledges.
Austin Carty, our young adult intern, invites all young adults to lunch after worship. Meet outside the Life Center's Greene Street entrance.
Our Chancel Choir's All Saints' Sunday concert begins at 3 p.m. in Phillips Chapel at Canterbury School. The concert will feature works by Howells, Vaughan Williams, Purcell and Dupre.
Youth Group for both Middle School and High School youth begins Sunday. Middle School Youth meet at 4:30 p.m. High School Youth meet at 6:30 p.m. Both groups meet on the third floor of the Shetler Building.
November 9: Commitment Sunday
November 16: Kids Disciple Club's progressive dinner for children in grades 3-5, 4 to 6 p.m. in members' homes
November 30: Advent begins
November 30: Las Posadas Blessing and Introduction, 10 a.m. in Life Center for children and youth families (no regular Church School for families).
December 7: The Boros gatherings in neighborhood homes, 5 p.m.
December 14: Moravian Love Feast for families, 9:30 a.m.
December 28: Seminary Student Sunday; Josh Stanley preaches